Todays harvest

• 12 Replies

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« on: July 27, 2008, 19:17 »
Went down the plot today ... the weeds have had a party since I was last there! (Been away on hols for the past 2 weeks) But got lots of goodies so it's all worth the hard work involved  :D Had courgettes, carrots, spuds, turnip, some red & some green cabbage and another carrier bag of broad beans.
Noticed 7 golf ball sized pumpkins on 2 plants but not a single butternut to be seen so far :(  Hope they get going soon coz I love 'em!

unaspenser

• Pond-Hopper
    • Russet Lodge Knits
Todays harvest
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 19:36 »
Wow!  What a gorgeous harvest!
American, married to a Scot... we can't decide which side of the Atlantic we like best.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Todays harvest
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 20:02 »
The effort starts to get worthwhile, doesn't it?

Don't worry about the butternut, I've found in the past that they are quite late developers and once they only just managed to beat the first frost!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

compostqueen

Todays harvest
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 20:39 »
Well done on the harvest  :D   I got some lovely veg today and we had shallots and good sausages with griddled new spuds and courgettes

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Todays harvest
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 21:05 »
Had to roast the spuds today, the Charlotte have grown that big! Got 81 off 4 roots yesterday. Those, with yellow courgettes similar to LMP's, carrots & bean cocktail, (runner beans, dwarf beans & climbing French beans!) & homemade stuffing & onion sauce.

I think there was a chicken in there somewhere.

gardengran

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 22:07 »
and im overjoyed at some lettuce and raddish :lol: but i have tons of flowers on my dwarf beans and peas now and my first buds on the runners. oh and green toms! so im a happy bunny! :D
please god let my carrots grow as big as the dock roots!

gobs

Todays harvest
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 23:15 »
Very nice, LMP, enjoy! Forget about the sulking stuff, you can't please everybody with the same weather. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 00:39 »
Cheers everyone!

I'm dead chuffed with it all  :D  It's my 1st proper season as I got my plot too late last year  to be able to do much other than clearing. And yep, DD, all the hard work is definately worth it, with results like this   :D  Oh & glad to hear the butternuts seem to be performing (or not) as they should :D  Can't wait till they get off and running!!

CQ, those sausages sound the business, yum!

flowerlady

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 07:57 »
Well done you  :tongue2:  ... sadly my broadies are over now but those peas you sent me are nearly 6ft up the pole and blooming still  :D  and they taste the biz too  :tongue2:

What were the spuds they look greeat?
"He who plants a garden plants happiness"

home made pie

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 13:52 »
Hi love-my plot I thinks that's fantastic...who needs a supermarket...I can't wait to get home from this boring place called work...spotted loads of dwarf beans this morning ready to pick...and five peas!!! mmmm sausage, earlies, beans and two and a half peas each  :D

NoodleSoup

Todays harvest
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 13:59 »
That's an awesome harvest and puts my poor efforts to shame  :oops: This is my first year of growing and there is something supremely awesome about picking, cooking and eating your home-grown veggies :)

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Todays harvest
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 15:39 »
we had our 4th car boot full of stuff at the weekend. the only downside to it is all is shelling the damn carrier bags of peas!!! Well we did it with a few glass of wine outside to ease the pain..

Noah'strolly

• Experienced Member
Todays harvest
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 20:19 »
My son tries sugar snap peas at school last year and begged me to grow them this year. They're great coz there's no shelling to do!

xx
Todays Harvest - my first harvest post

Started by Rowan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 20:34
by crowndale
xx
Todays harvest

Started by Lee G on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 25, 2009, 22:12
by digalotty
xx
Todays harvest

Started by Jen on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post October 02, 2008, 18:10
by Jen
xx
Todays Harvest

Started by Bigbadfrankie on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2007, 22:46
by mashauk

Page created in 1.028 seconds with 30 queries.