My first crops

• 4 Replies

thrapston

My first crops
« on: July 20, 2008, 14:10 »
Started my allotment this sring. A lot of hard work digging, weeding and removing stones (boulders). I have been picking salad crops for quite a while, just started lifting spuds,Beetroot and picking broadbeans. All the hard work was worth it as they taste great. Looking forward to Runnerbeans, French beans, Cabbage, Couli, Sweed, Sweetcorn, Carrots and Parsnip.  :D
Getting back into gardening and out of the pub

Porffor

My first crops
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 14:14 »
Congratulations! :) it's really great to watch your efforts growing isn't it. :) I started a patch in my garden (that has grown 3 times now) and am enjoying the recent 'bloom'. :)

thrapston

My first crops
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 14:18 »
As I get a glut of Lettuce and Raddish I take it down the pub on Sunday evenings to give away, very populer with the locals most of them put some change in a glass towards next years seeds etc

Porffor

My first crops
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 14:21 »
sounds great! and a good way of paying for the lottie! ;)

We are a family of 4 plus 2 chooks and guinea pigs (not to mention the horses) so ours doesn't go far lol but i'm on about my 6th row of radish now :) look forward to the 'real' veg soon enough though, almost got a corgette ready for picking :)

mashbintater

• Experienced Member
My first crops
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 15:37 »
I agree, it is great to just nip into the garden as you start to prepare a meal and lift whatever you've successfully grown to eat.
I've had a lot bolt; rocket, chinese cabbages, coriander, & spinach. We ate some mind. Others munched like lettuce, tho they didn't seem to like lollo rosso. Rhubard & strawberries no show.

Success with chives, parsley, 1 meal from new pots - they were beautiful, basil, some odd shaped but sweet carrots, dwarf peas and garlic.
Just enjoyed some blackcurrants with icecream, slurp!

Got my other stuff growing nicely  :wink:

xx
First ever crops

Started by snow white on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 08:11
by New shoot
xx
sbk and crops

Started by victoria_plum on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 21, 2010, 09:42
by victoria_plum
xx
what crops can i sow now?

Started by deedee71 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 28, 2007, 14:45
by Aidy
xx
What do my Crops Indicate

Started by trunk monkey on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 15, 2013, 11:05
by trunk monkey

Page created in 1.168 seconds with 28 queries.