Can anyone I.D this problem?

• 17 Replies

Tugster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54 »
I have 6 Rasberry plants and 3 thornless blackcurrant plants within a few meters of the damaged plants and they all perfect. I have done no more or less than lotty partners plot.

gobs

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52 »
First picture, I'd agree with some leaf spot/blotch, there seems to be die back on the side shoot, brown rot?

The rasberry that can look marky like that easily. :lol:

Might be some grey mould there, hard to say for sure.

Them leaves would show all nutrient difficiencies as they are broken off, even the shoots seem to be, ie dead. Wind, birds, etc.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

birmancats

• Experienced Member
  • RIP Toffee
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 09:57 »
Hi.  I would photograph the plot daily and keep the photo's in sequence on a disc.  It would probably be worth making a point of it for her benefit.  Any problems with glyphosate or the like usually take two to three weeks to appear and sometimes you get a flush of growth before they turn their toes up.  Flicking through on a disc might just pin point something for you.

Have a word with the committee too as spraying weedkillers etc is one thing at home but it there are laws about spraying, drift etc that might encompass allotments as it is a public place.  I'll ask at our local horticultural college tomorrow night as I'm up there - what they don't know about the rules and regs isn't worth knowing.  

The RHS might also be worth a go if you're a member as they will analyse and identify specific problems for you, at £41 a year it might be worth joining just for that service as it's probably cheaper than lab testing unless the council will fund that for you and you get to go to lots of gardens for free too.  

Keep your chin up.  My problems have all be theft so far but I'm not giving up yet just making an awful lot of noice and joined to committee to make some more!!!!  :wink:

xx
Grape vine problem and pea problem

Started by Ma Lowe on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 13, 2014, 12:17
by Ma Lowe
xx
Pea problem

Started by Snoop on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 08:22
by Snoop
xx
pea problem

Started by mrs hop on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 14, 2010, 22:09
by mrs hop
xx
pH Problem

Started by hiccup on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 24, 2017, 12:21
by hiccup

Page created in 1.022 seconds with 28 queries.