Courgette with Mosaic Virus?

• 0 Replies

seb85

« on: June 23, 2008, 15:19 »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum- been browsing for quite a while theres so much good information here!

Unfortunately I have to ask a question about Mosaic Virus.

I have four courgette plants, all in fairly close proximity- 2 Parador F1 and 2 Zucchini F1.

I pulled up one of the Parador plants two weeks ago because it had yellow patches on the leaves, around which the leaves were puckering- think this was mosaic virus?.  The second parador plant was going well but now it too seems to have the same patches.

My question is, since I have two healthy (for now) plants should I pull up this second parador plant now or should I just leave it and get whatever crop i can from it?

One of the Zucchini is in a pot so i could move it a few meters away from the other two.  How contageous is the mosaic virus?  is it spread on the wind or does it need animals to spread it?

I've had really bad problems with all kinds of aphids this year- black, green and white.  Ive heard that mosaic virus is spread by aphids.  Ive been resisting the temptation to kill them with something so far- just hoping that the ladybirds will show up- but if it will save the rest of my courgettes i will use something :(

Thanks in advance

Seb

xx

Started by seb85 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 15:58
by Aunt Sally
clip
Have I got mosaic virus?

Started by Carolinela on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 11, 2017, 08:58
by Carolinela
xx
Mosaic Virus?

Started by John Wilkinson on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 20:36
by gobs
xx
Potato mosaic virus?

Started by Lesleyk on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 20, 2015, 11:35
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.574 seconds with 28 queries.