POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!

• 13 Replies

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« on: June 19, 2008, 11:22 »
If anyone had trouble keeping Richys pots or toilet tubes upright...heres what I have been using :D I have cut some of the trays to fit my existing seeds trays

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

sclarke624

POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 13:37 »
They are useful aren't they Jazzy.  I get mine from Haskins, for free of course in their "take our junk if you want it" bit behind tills.  Not really called that but can't think of a better name.  They have cardboard and lots of those pot holders in them.  The ones with no holes I use for seeds, theones with holes I use so my pot ons don't fall over.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

sclarke624

POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 13:49 »
Also Poundland do plastic boxes with lids like you get from some chinese food shops.  My daughter got some, for food, asked her to get me some but that will take about a year of reminding her.  We don't have a poundland here.  Don't eat enough Chinese take away to get enough boxes.  I have some though from take aways and use them to germinate seeds with or without lids.  Can't remember how many you get but she had quite a stack of them, asked her 6 months ago to get some, went down there this weekend and said about them and she said oh was it you who asked for them couldn't remember.  Dozy or what and she's an IT or ICT or whatever they are calling it now teacher.  Mind you she is such a nutter the kids love her.

nipper31

• Experienced Member
Re: POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 17:06 »
Quote from: "jazzbyrd"
If anyone had trouble keeping Richys pots or toilet tubes upright...heres what I have been using :D I have cut some of the trays to fit my existing seeds trays

Jazzbyrd

Did you get these free Jazzbyrd? If not, how much are they?

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 18:06 »
Hi Nipper

They are £1 for five trays :D

Jazzbyrd

kezlou

POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 19:32 »
I got some of them the other day, they work a treat just sowed seeds straight in them.

The Pound Shop is my second home! :D
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 19:45 »
I got some of those trays about a month ago but got an even better bargain as I had put two sets of trays together so only got charged £1 instead of £2.   :lol:
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 19:46 »
Chicken Soup ! that was a real bargain!!  I have also bought their plastic cloches ...I am not sure how long they will last but at a £1 I thought they might be useful.

Jazz

Webby

POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 21:51 »
I got four packs of canes last week, 25 4ft canes in a pack Poundland at Coalville
Always look ahead, there are no regrets in that direction

peapod

• Pea Goddess
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 22:36 »
I got the last two packs of canes at my local Webby
£2 for 50 canes! Id just spent £1.99 on 20 at our local garden centre as well
GRRRRR   :D

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 07:54 »
Guess I must be a poundland freak as I have the canes and just got the cloches this week as I have been looking for them for ages.  At the moment I have taken the cloches apart and am using the hoops with either netting or fleece over to keep the pigeons at bay.  They have already eaten a bed of cabbage and caulis so everything is now covered.  Just realised netting and fleece also bought from poundland.  :lol:

I think I need a discount card for poundland and wilkos this year I seem to spend all my time and money in there buying stuff for the allotment.

Another favourite shop of mine is Boyes but I am not sure if thats just a chain of shops up here in Yorkshire.  I have bought loads of seeds from there this year.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 08:21 »
Our local 'Homebase' have been giving away their pot holders, which would be ideal for this purpose. A lot of the big stores do.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

nipper31

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 10:40 »
Quote from: "jazzbyrd"
Hi Nipper

They are £1 for five trays :D

Jazzbyrd

Thanks, I will look in my local Poundland (Bolton) or maybe they might have them in the local Poundstretcher which is even nearer (Bury). I was in Asda last night doing my shopping and I got some clear plastic trays (bit smaller than yours) they have six wells in to hold cottage cheese cartons. FREE  :D

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
POUNDLAND PLANT TRAYS!!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 13:27 »
Thanks Nipper  :wink: I will check out my local ASDA today !!

Jazz

xx
Polystyrene plant trays from garden stores...

Started by Growster... on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2017, 06:36
by Growster...
xx
Poundland

Started by Gurder on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 26, 2007, 16:21
by fatgit
xx
Poundland

Started by lightyears on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 09:17
by spottymint
xx
seeds by poundland

Started by littlefeat on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post January 20, 2008, 22:12
by littlefeat

Page created in 2.977 seconds with 28 queries.