Cygnets

• 11 Replies

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
Cygnets
« on: June 04, 2008, 17:03 »
Anyone know who will take in cygnets - my freind found 5 this morning and no sign of a mum or dad - they were wandering around in a lane far from water and nest and being stalked by two cats. Two have since died but the other 3 are looking good under a heat lamp (good job she has chickens and ducks). She is keeping them seperate from her own in case of disease. But swan rescue don't seem too interested and the RSPCA suggested a vet to put them down! They only look about a week old!

Anyone help?

mumsy

Cygnets
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 18:34 »
How awful that no-one will help, thats disgusting that swan rescue aren't interested :twisted:   :twisted:  :twisted:
I hope she is able to look after them for a little while at least.

Vember

Cygnets
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 18:41 »
OMG that's awful I thought swans were like protected :?

I know you've got to be careful with everything thats going on at the moment but for them not be intrested is disgraceful.

What exactley is swan rescue for then ??
 :twisted:  :twisted:

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
Cygnets
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 20:00 »
She is going to keep them for as long as poss, if they grow to adulthood they will graze in her garden until they fly. Just got to keep our fingers crossed for the little darlings - they are just sooooo lovely. Will try to get pic and post but don't want to frighten them anymore than they have been. We can only assume that Mr Fox has scared mum and dad off (very unusual if he has) or that the nest has floated off in the floods we have been having and they have been separated that way. We are keeping a neighbourhood watch out for some distressed swans.

Kate and her Ducks

Cygnets
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 20:40 »
Really suprised that noone is interested. I thought swans were protected in that legally they are all property of the crown as regal birds. Maybe she should drop tham off at Buckingham Palace  :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

muntjac

Cygnets
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 21:47 »
they need to be fed as goslings and they will be fine let them graze and i promise you when they are able to leave they will ,but they wilkl come back some times just to visit
still alive /............

Vember

Cygnets
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 21:50 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
but they wilkl come back some times just to visit

Ahh that'd be so sweet them dropping by every once in a while to show that they were ok   :lol:

peggyprice

Cygnets
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 23:03 »
Quote from: "Vember"
Quote from: "muntjac"
but they wilkl come back some times just to visit

Ahh that'd be so sweet them dropping by every once in a while to show that they were ok   :lol:

Probably bringing back their laundry and asking for a few quid just to see them through the weekend  :wink:  :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
Cygnets
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 12:59 »
Just a quick update - two of the five cygnets survived and have now been taken to the Swan Rescue - they have been adopted by a mature swan and are being brought up properly!

Vember

Cygnets
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 13:48 »
ahh bless

I love a good ending  :D

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
Cygnets
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 00:09 »
aw happy ending for the surving two  sooo nice to hear of a happy ending

Foxy

Cygnets
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 08:41 »
Thats lovely news! there is something so special about swans,so beautiful to watch, as long as you dont get too close!

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 29 queries.