I think I've ruined my Toms :-(

• 1 Replies

Maryann

• Experienced Member
« on: May 20, 2008, 13:24 »
I'm so fed up, I have 3 different varieties of Tomatoes growing (using paper pots to start them off). Gardeners Delight, Ailsa Craig and Gartenperle.

From the seedlings I potted 37 plants on into small pots as per seed packet instructions. However I used a mix of potting compost and small amount grow bag mix to pot them up and now I think I made big mistake.

The leaves on most of the seedlings are looking slightly withered around the edges and have pale yellow patches. They don't look very healthy at all.

My growing conditions this year are a bit 'iffy' in that I had to start everything off indoors at home in kitchen or utility room and then outside on really nice days I used an unheated greenhouse type construction. This is one of my OH's botched jobs (his DIY skills are not great and this should have been a small plastic panel greenhouse but he gave up and so quite a few panels are missing).

I only put toms out there recently on nice warm days and brought them in at night if it got cold. We are in Kent and weather has been hot and sunny but now turned very cold so have brought them all indoors.

I realise this all sounds very hit and miss and its not my normal practice but this was best I could do this year.

Have I ruined the toms and will they all die off now?

I will try and get some photos on here but not done this before so it mmight take a while and in the meantime wonder if you can advise me.

Thanks for any help  :cry:
I Came.....I Saw......I Composted

noshed

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 13:43 »
They might have got a bit scorched. They will probably be OK - give them a spray of seaweed fertilser and make sure they don't get too hot.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

xx
Potatoes ruined by slugs!

Started by R6robbo on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 12:19
by maxie
xx
Potato Crop Ruined !

Started by veronny44 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 20, 2012, 22:52
by flitwickone
xx
caterpillars have ruined my veg patch help please

Started by nicsastar on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 12:34
by animal mad
xx
Has hubby ruined my carrot patch?!

Started by BabyStar on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post March 08, 2012, 14:50
by Trillium

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 36 queries.