Quails Eggs

• 2 Replies

Fire2920

Quails Eggs
« on: May 04, 2008, 17:54 »
Im thinking of hatching out a couple of quails, thinking of getting them here
how difficult is it to rear from eggs can anyone point me in the direction of a guide? I need to know what im getting myself into before i start.

Thanks in advance  :D
??? I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous... ???

van connick

• Experienced Member
  • Location: on a mountainside in south Wales. north of Pontypridd, west of Merthyr Tydfil.
Quails Eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 06:44 »
when i wanted to introduce new blood to my birds i bought 200 eggs from them.....not too bad a hatch rate....70%

this breed is fairly easy to hatch......14 days in dry inc, stop turning then add water for the last 3 days......brood in a small box with heat source for a couple of weeks then they should be fine without heat......will start laying at about 8 weeks old.
feed them chick crumbs, no need to crush them any smaller as these are quite large chicks, and make sure you have pebbles in their water dish so they dont either drown on get chilled.
keep them on chick crumbs till they are laying, then feed layers pellets.....keeping them on chick crumbs is the way i do it, they need the extra protien to get them to a good weight, it does them no harm....rather than putting them on growers in between, plus they like bird seed as a treat and also green stuffs.....

Fire2920

Quails Eggs
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58 »
Right it all sounds ok im going to give it a go in a couple of weeks, thanks for the information.

xx
Does anyone have Quails?

Started by Butterfly on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post November 07, 2007, 09:24
by muntjac
xx
quails?

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 11, 2008, 21:47
by chickenlady
xx
anyone know anything about quails?

Started by sunshineband on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 12, 2009, 16:29
by poppies
xx
Quails

Started by stu_wat on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 08, 2008, 11:41
by chicken soup

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 27 queries.