Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 Replies

andrewandkaren

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 25, 2008, 20:54 »
please can anyone help us, about a month ago we lost our cockerel very suddenly he had a blue comb and was very puffed up and within 24hrs he had died.  well now we have 2 hens one of which we had with the cockerel when they were both 3 months old now she for the last 12 hours has been in her nest box and not come out and tonight she has a very pale comb with blue tinges to it and we are very scared that we are going to lose her can anyone shed any light as to what might be the problem, our local vet was very unuseful when our cockerel was ill so we are very reluctant to go back there with our hen willow.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 21:31 »
Hi is there any other symptoms that could help some of our experienced members help you. ?
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 21:38 »
A blue comb mean a problem with getting oxygen into the blood so it would point to a respiratory problem.  

As for the hen a pale cmb could be anything fro red mite to almost anything else.

So as Rich said any other symptoms would be helpful  :D

andrewandkaren

poorly hen
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:37 »
Hi thanks for your feed back, I have checked willow this morning and she is still in her nest box, her comb is very red near to the head but the tips are very blue, she is also very puffed up almost filling the width of the nest box, we were wondering if she was egg bound...... we have offered her some food which she pecked at but still wont some out of the box, i wish i could do something for her.

Foxy

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 13:12 »
when you pop your hand close in the nest box does she puff up and sort of growl at you??? Does her breast area feel unusually hot? :wink:

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 30 queries.