spinach & French beans

• 5 Replies

mumof4

spinach & French beans
« on: April 11, 2008, 11:00 »
Planted them but due to weather the polytunnel cover isn't on yet but out of all my young plants i was thinking i might be able to move them.

Q1 can i put the spinach out yet with fleece protection

Q2 can the beans go in the mini green house and when could i plant these out I have a cloche that can protect them.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
spinach & French beans
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:05 »
I might be wrong but I think spinach might be ok but I would definitely wait for the French beans. I haven't even sowed mine yet but I'll be looking to get them ready for planting next month.

mumof4

spinach & French beans
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 11:32 »
Quote from: "gregmcalister"
I might be wrong but I think spinach might be ok but I would definitely wait for the French beans. I haven't even sowed mine yet but I'll be looking to get them ready for planting next month.

Do you think they would be ok in the mini greenhouse, it has a fleece cover over the top of the clear one.

flowerlady

• Experienced Member
spinach & French beans
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:49 »
I wouldn't put out my beans until May.  Plant them in pots and keep them undercover for a while ... in the mean time prepare the bean trench :shock:  :shock:  :shock: , you can fill it with a miltitude of stuff!!    :roll:  :lol:   :D  :D  :D

... as I write this ... the sky has gone black and there is thunder and lightening going on outside!  :shock:   Just checked Metcheck ... it's going to feel like -2-3 at nights for the next week!!!!   :?
"He who plants a garden plants happiness"

mumof4

spinach & French beans
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 12:12 »
Quote from: "flowerlady"
I wouldn't put out my beans until May.  Plant them in pots and keep them undercover for a while ... in the mean time prepare the bean trench :shock:  :shock:  :shock: , you can fill it with a miltitude of stuff!!    :roll:  :lol:   :D  :D  :D

... as I write this ... the sky has gone black and there is thunder and lightening going on outside!  :shock:   Just checked Metcheck ... it's going to feel like -2-3 at nights for the next week!!!!   :?

Oh well at least another week indoors then but cheered up abit when i read the summer 2008 forcast as it looks like we are in for a better summer than last year, but i guess that's not difficult.

kentishlad

• Experienced Member
    • http://brownsterfarm.blogspot.com
spinach & French beans
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 17:17 »
Hi, I planted some perpetual spinach last year and we are still eating it now! Yes it survived all winter with no protection, we had a 'Sag Paneer' about a month ago! We'll be planting some more in another bed around now which I hope will last around for another year.
Cheers,

Wayne.

xx
Problem with French Beans (cobra) yellow leaves and brown curly beans

Started by djmissj on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 09:57
by Salmo
xx
French beans, short crop v. runner beans?

Started by woodburner on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 16:02
by crh75
xx
Runner beans and French climbing beans

Started by lovemyveg on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 12:31
by strangerachael
exclamation
French beans and broad beans

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 13:44
by lovemyveg

Page created in 0.454 seconds with 28 queries.