preparing for frost/snow....

• 3 Replies

courgette

« on: April 05, 2008, 07:41 »
I have 2 mini-greenhouses & only 1 fleece cover,....due to forecast of snow I was wondering if I'd get away with fleecing one of them (that has all the 6weeks old seedlings in) I'll prob bring the contents of the 2nd one indoors for the weekend as they're literally just started to germinate. The 1st greenhouse has seedlings in it that are about 6 weeks old, so do you think they'd be okay with just the fleece? What other precautions could i take? hot water bottle? I just havent the room for them in the house.

gobs

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:51 »
The one fleece should be OK for most things, but as luck would have it, just gotta make do. :wink:

The just about germinating stuff you could loosely cover for some cold nights with any piece of plastic sheeting, transparent better, carrier bags will do or similar.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

polly nator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:40 »
spare bubble wrap is good - and for an overnight temporary solution  - old quilts /duvets - or even not so old. I have been known to run out and throw quilts over winter tubs of potatoes etc. friends have taken to giving me their unwanted bedding!

weeeed

fleece
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 16:43 »
Anice hot cocoa and a hot water blanket! Have you got any bubble wrap to put round them? You are right about the snow and the cold. I went out this morning and it was beautiful sunshine an hour later I was frozen to the bone and getting pelted with hail pellets! Just what we don't need just now. All my babies are nestling on the kitchen table and every radiater in the house. We may be eating in the snow!!! :lol:  :lol:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

xx
snow/frost damage

Started by brewerboy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 11, 2010, 14:01
by Fisherman
xx
Preparing for winter?

Started by rookie1 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post December 15, 2014, 08:54
by BabbyAnn
xx
Preparing new brassica bed

Started by mashbintater on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 09:42
by mashbintater
question
Preparing new ground

Started by GOLDINGSBOY on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 06:47
by DD.

Page created in 0.868 seconds with 30 queries.