Broad Beans - Nice recipe

• 1 Replies

puravida

• Experienced Member
« on: March 12, 2008, 18:46 »
Just been planting some more broad beans today so thought I'd knock some up for tea (frozen from a bag!) tonight in celebration.

One of my fave recipes which really showcases the lovely flavour (can;t wait to try it with home grown broad beans!) is super quick and pretty unusual.

Get a good 3-4 big handfuls of broad beans, boil them and then pop them out of thier skins. Set the beans aside (throw the skins away :))

Next get your pasta going - I recommend the De Cecco brand as the rough texture really makes sauces stick. Takes a little longer to cook but worth it. Spaghetti works well for this recipe.

Now you want to make a beure blanc sauce - Jamie has a good recipe here but there are hundreds of ways to make it.

Next take half your broad beans and mash them into a pulp - I use a mortar and pestle for the job but a food processor would be just as good.

So you should now have beurre blanc ready, half a bowl of shelled but whole broad beans, half a bowl of mashed/pureed broad beans and also your pasta.

Drain the pasta leaving a little bit of pasta water in the pan (couple of tablespoons in more than enough). Mix in the broad bean puree then stir in the beurre blanc.

Or you can mix your pureed beans with your beurre blanc and them mix the whole thing with your pasta. Doesn't really matter.

Serve with lots of black pepper and parmesan.

Finally - let me know what you think !!!  :D
Good beer, good BBQ and good friends.

shaun

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 18:50 »
broad beans in parsley sauce is just lovely  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 28 queries.