Turning eggs

• 1 Replies

Tessh

Turning eggs
« on: March 06, 2008, 13:26 »
I've got a manual incubator and the instructions say to turn the eggs. Previously I've rolled the eggs over alternating direction at each turn but when my son helped me yesterday he turned them end over end, something I'd never thought of before but it is still turning the egg.

So, which way is right, should eggs be rolled or should they be turned end over end.

Thanks

naturesparadise

Turning eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 13:38 »
this may help
General Instructions

1) Location of Incubator:

* Ideal room conditions are 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit
    * Place the incubator away from drafts, out of direct sunlight and placed on an inside wall.

2) Start and Regulate:

* Follow the Incubator Directions.

Teachers: If you are using the wooden or square stryofoam incubators, you must begin to calibrate them at least two weeks prior to your scheduled embryology presentation. It is absolutely necessary that the incubator be calibrated before setting the eggs.

3) Setting the Fertile Eggs:

* Place the fertile eggs in the incubator. Do not change the temperature settings. The eggs are cool and it will take a few hours to warm them up.

4) Incubating the Eggs:

*Maintain the temperature at around 102 degrees F. In general, overheating is more critical than underheating.

*When adding water to the incubators, always use warm water.

*Turn the eggs three times each day. Always turn eggs an odd number of times. Rotate eggs once a day.

*For teachers - On weekends you can turn the eggs once a day and rotate them once each day.

*At about 9:00 a.m. on Day 19, turn the eggs once and rotate them once. Follow the directions for your incubator. You may need to add warm water and/or wet sponges. Close the incubator and DO NOT OPEN until the baby chicks hatch.

here is the link
http://lancaster.unl.edu/4h/Embryology/incubation.shtml

xx
oh no eggs not turning!!

Started by sheridal on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2008, 08:53
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Turning eggs

Started by yellowpenguin on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 22:04
by yellowpenguin
xx
Turning eggs in incubator ???

Started by Mischief on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2012, 15:17
by Casey76
xx
Advice on turning hatching eggs?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 18:29
by rileyfin

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 37 queries.