can seeds be saved from overnight fall?

• 2 Replies

courgette

« on: March 01, 2008, 09:07 »
you may have read my 1st thread this morning....the wind blew my greenhouse over & seeds went flying.....lucky (possibly?) some were covered with clingfilm still, but others wernt as lucky! I need to start my tomatoes all over again, but the spring onion seedlings were in a heap in the grass, I scraped them into the pot again & covered with fresh compost.....will the seedlings die now or do they still have a chance?

Also had some chives, sweetpeas & butternutsquash seeds all in pots that I've done the same too....is it a case of wait & see or is there now really no chance they'l germinate having been on the floor all night in the cold?

:?:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:59 »
It's wait and see, they may have a good chance depending on whether or not the stems where crushed etc.

I lost 1 pain of glass and half the felt off my chicken shed !
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 13:08 »
it's worth salvaging what you can and then seeing what comes up. If nothing does at least you tried.  

This is the thing. If you sow just part of the packet then you have some left when things go wrong.  I never sow the whole lot unless of course there's just five seeds in the packet, which of course there is with some cucumbers  :evil:  

Good luck with it and fingers crossed for you that all is not lost.  Seed sowing is a pain in the bum sometimes but once you're hooked ..... :D

xx
Has anyone saved seeds?

Started by Flower on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post November 18, 2006, 21:00
by Flower
xx
saved tomato seeds

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 26, 2016, 09:32
by ARPoet
xx
saved bean seeds

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 27, 2020, 12:35
by mumofstig
xx
Has anyone ever saved beetroot seeds?

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 14:56
by Elcie

Page created in 0.954 seconds with 36 queries.