Miracle Grow

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Miracle Grow
« on: June 07, 2024, 12:40 »
Continuous release plant food.    The directions tell me how to use for various things, but not how to use in bedding plant containers.  Any help appreciated.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Miracle Grow
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 07:23 »
I found this on the manufacturers blurb about it Mrs B

Miracle-Gro All Purpose Continuous Release Plant Food contains a temperature-controlled coating which regulates the release of nutrients when the conditions are right for feeding. One application feeds plants for up to 6 months, removing the need for regular feeding. Contains essential nutrients to give strong healthy plant.
Size
0.9kg

How to use
In spring gently fork granules into the top soil or mix thoroughly with compost.

Established flowers and vegetables in the garden: Evenly sprinkle 75g per m² over the rooting area.

Established ornamental and fruit trees: Evenly sprinkle 50g per every m of tree height to edges of the areas covered by the branches.
Containers and hanging baskets: Sprinkle 25-50g per 10 litres of compost before planting. Use lower dose for pot sizes greater than 20 litres or for sensitive plants e.g. impatiens or young plants.
New annual bedding plants, vegetables and fruit: Add 5-8g (the size of a tablespoon) directly into the planting hole and mix in with the soil prior to planting.
New trees, shrubs, roses and fruit bushes: Sprinkle 25g per 10 litres of compost or soil around the roots, before covering with soil.

mrs bouquet

Re: Miracle Grow
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 13:20 »
Oh thanks for going to that trouble.  If one wants to water it into containers apparently the dose is 15gms to 4.5 lts water.    But I think I shall go for the easy sprinkle a few in each container and wait for the rain  ;)  Mrs B

xx
Will anything grow?

Started by lisajpickering on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post March 15, 2012, 16:14
by Trillium
xx
Will it re-grow

Started by moose on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post November 17, 2019, 15:55
by jezza
xx
What to grow under a rhododendron

Started by Ice on General Gardening

14 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 21:24
by Ice
xx
Dahlias won't grow!

Started by Terrier on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post August 02, 2021, 20:22
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 31 queries.