Double vision.

• 10 Replies

Goosegirl

Double vision.
« on: April 22, 2023, 11:59 »
Since I had a bi-lateral cataract op a few years ago my eyes have started to deteriorate so am now getting double vision. Where there is a drain pipe in the near distance I now see two! Saw my great optician yesterday and am being referred to the eye OPD. I said I'm only going there if I get the same consultant I've seen before because he somehow performed a kind of magic on my eyes then, when it was all over, we had a big hug. I may need an operation on both eyes but there is no-one else I would trust to do it.
ShadrokhNabili[1] (270 x 215).jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

Re: Double vision.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 07:08 »
I hope it all turns out well for you, Goosey!

A good chum who recently had a similar op says the she sees much more vibrant colour now!

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 11:23 »
Oh yes, the colours were much more clear and bright.  This double vision is something that can happen after a cataract op but not often. I'm not worrying as I know I'll be in safe hands.  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 11:34 »
Hope all goes well for you, GG !

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 20:17 »
Hoping it all works out for you GG  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 09:01 »
Well, he will do his best and I can't ask for more. BTW, I also have bilateral astigmatism and quite bad scars on both corneas due to a viral conjunctivitis I had in the seventies so am hoping this current vision problem can be sorted out in the blink of an eye.  :nowink:

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 18:14 »
You'll be much more 'highbrow' now, and we all hope that it's not a 'lash-up'!

No more 'cornea' jokes please - the 'aqueous humour' will wear pretty thin after a while...

You'll be just fine, Goosey - we'll all look out for you!

;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 08:42 »
I wish it could be a lash-up; unfortunately I lost my long ones during chemo. Hey, so what! At least my irises are doing ok. Always was a good pupil!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 18:59 »
I wish it could be a lash-up; unfortunately I lost my long ones during chemo. Hey, so what! At least my irises are doing ok. Always was a good pupil!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see your point, Goosey, maybe two...

In fact ...*moderation applied* - oh, rugger...

D'Ya remember that Iris was Angela Snow's sister, and conveniently met the chef at the hotel in France?

Look whatever happened to her!

;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 09:36 »
Growster; not having stayed in many French hotels, which one did Iris go to where she met the chef and what was his speciality?  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 18:32 »
Growster; not having stayed in many French hotels, which one did Iris go to where she met the chef and what was his speciality?  ;)

It's H.E. Bates's story, "A breath of French Air", and is one of the loveliest stories in the series, as they all go over to France and take a holiday which turns up so many tales - you'll read the story in an evening!

We've both read all the books umpteenth times, and also have the DVD series - the original one, not the recent silly version which was just plain stupid, and extremely badly cast for a story from the fifties! But the bbc are good at rubbishing decent stories these days...

You can get the original real series with David Jason and Pam Ferris on Ebay for a few quid, and see Angela Snow in all her fnery, and know why a gasping Growster is always going to be an avid watcher...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 18:33 by Growster... »

xx
Please can you double check this !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2019, 16:36
by DanielCoffey
xx
Nectar points double up

Started by snowdrops on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 14, 2020, 20:07
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 40 queries.