I am so sad!!

• 22 Replies

jaydig

I am so sad!!
« on: February 16, 2023, 19:07 »
This is, perhaps, an inappropriate subject, but my husband passed away suddenly in the early hours of Monday, and I know that one half of any partnership will be left to grieve the passing of someone they love so very much, but I'm really struggling with how I feel.
Have any of you experienced this?  Does it stay this painful for ever?
My two boys are being so supportive, but nothing will every take away this dreadful sense of loss.
I have obviously lost family members prior to this, but have never, ever been so heartbroken and distraught.
Does it get easier? I feel totally lost.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I am so sad!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 19:19 »
Sorry to hear that jaydig,  - just take things easy.
It takes some getting used to but it does get better, slowly but surely. I think the worse thing to do is to try and keep a stiff upper lip, the tears have to be shed, they are part of the process. So don't be too hard on yourself right now.
Virtual (( HUGS)) from me.

wighty

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 19:29 »
Virtual hugs and much love from us here on the Island.  I've never lost a husband but know that if I lost Paul who is my 'other half' and I can talk to about anything, I would  be really lost.  Thinking about you this evening.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 19:43 »
I am so terribly sorry for your loss! 

I have lost dear family members and close friends, but not a spouse.  All I can say is that the grief changes over time.  When I have experienced it, it feels at first like you have a hollow space inside you, where that person once resided.  It changes with time - the loss is still there, but it changes, and that hollow space tends to fill back up again, with memories of that person.  Things you used to laugh about, shared, even things you agreed on or argued over!  All in a good light.  In that sense, it can get easier, but everyone grieves differently.

Rely on your boys, and close friends, when you feel lost. The pain you feel now is understandable, let those close to you help you bear it when you can.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 19:50 »
So sorry for your loss.   :(   No advice other than grieve in whatever way you need to.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 20:04 »
So sorry to hear of your loss. Many condolences x
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 20:20 »
I’m so sorry to hear that, jaydig. 

missmoneypenny

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 23:03 »
So sorry to hear that. Everything must feel slightly unreal. Don’t put any pressure on yourself or make any important decisions if it can be helped. I hope in time you come back to your allotment and that helps you back to life. I know my plot saved my sanity when I was caring for my dad, who had Alzheimer’s.

brownp

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2023, 07:17 »
I’m really sorry to hear of your loss. I think reaching out to people and staying connected may well be what gets you through this!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 07:25 »
I can only add that I am also very sorry to hear this. 

Take your time and grieve however feels right to you.  Like others have said, things will slowly get easier x

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2023, 09:55 »
Like others have said on here, I'm so very sorry and send you my best GG hugs.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Debz

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2023, 10:55 »
My heart goes out to you at this time of loss.  There is no timeline for grief and right now it is all very raw and new for you.  While I've not lost a partner, my dad died two years ago and I know my mum still misses him every day (after 60 + years of marriage)but we can talk about him without dissolving into tears.  Lean on those around you and get support if you can, counselling if you think it would help.  No one should judge you for taking as long as you need as you navigate this next phase of your life.  Virtual hugs to you and your family.

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2023, 11:44 »
Hugs with big Growsterarms from here too, Jaydig...

Keep in touch with all of us any time, even send a message if you feel like it!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2023, 11:55 »
So sorry to hear about your sudden loss jaydig - having your sons to share your grief with will be a great comfort to you in the weeks ahead. Big orangutan hugs from me too.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2023, 13:34 »
Very sorry for you loss Jaydig.
Just be kind to yourself and things will get better eventually.
My 15 year old son died of cancer so I’m afraid I realise how tough grief can be.
Thinking of you HH
Keep digging

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 45 queries.