The 5th NOVEMBER and Fireworks

• 19 Replies

snowdrops

Re: The 5th NOVEMBER and Fireworks
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2022, 11:46 »
I do like fireworks, always have but I do think they need to stop selling them to the public, there’s just not enough of a sensible approach to them. I think it should all be organised displays with professionals organising it for special occasions & just on 5th November to fit in with British traditions & even then not huge great bangs that make you feel we’re under mortar attack. I do feel for pets & people who are frightened by them.
As said previously they can do a lot of damage in the wrong hands.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2022, 13:39 »
All was peaceful and pretty in the village until 11pm.  In bed reading, it was very loud, about 5 bang, then peace again.   Just back from the pub. !   But I will give them the benefit and say, maybe just home from work, but then why not wait until today.     It is mindless    >:(  Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 12:02 »
when we had our dogs, they went mad on firework night we had to turn the TV up to try and drown the noise of the fireworks what a relief when it ended sadly it drove 2 dogs in the village so mad that one killed the other through terror of the fireworks but yes, it is a tradition we recognise on the 5th of November 
in my opinion fireworks should be in a properly secure and safety site there shouldn't be any probs with that happening it's just a minority of people abusing things as usual that ends up with someone getting injured or scarred for life

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 12:21 »
it's just a minority of people abusing things as usual that ends up with someone getting injured or scarred for life

That’s the truth of the matter.  When I was a child we always had a fireworks party in the garden.  Jacket potatoes baked in the bonfire and a mug of soup.  It was a part of childhood I remember well.

Fireworks then were much smaller and much quieter, and baked potatoes much better (even the burnt bits).  :D

AndyRVTR

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2022, 14:25 »
it's just a minority of people abusing things as usual that ends up with someone getting injured or scarred for life

That’s the truth of the matter.  When I was a child we always had a fireworks party in the garden.  Jacket potatoes baked in the bonfire and a mug of soup.  It was a part of childhood I remember well.

Fireworks then were much smaller and much quieter, and baked potatoes much better (even the burnt bits).  :D
Wecused to call our 'charcoal potaoes'.. they were always bkack as the ace of spades  :lol:

sad
Fireworks

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post October 25, 2021, 12:44
by Growster...
xx
B****y fireworks...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 13, 2022, 09:22
by Goosegirl
xx
Fireworks have started

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 26, 2023, 08:57
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 33 queries.