look at the mess

• 6 Replies

jimroden

• Experienced Member
look at the mess
« on: February 22, 2008, 16:20 »
Look at the mess i made in my kitchen blooming flowers lol

on a serious note has anyone ever grown petunias from seed i seem to have thousands of them growing.

chrysanthemmum

petunias

geraniums
Dont tell lies you get in trouble

wighty

look at the mess
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 17:30 »
You'll be in trouble when the boss gets home, get off here and get thatkitchen cleaned up.

compostqueen

look at the mess
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 17:31 »
I've grown them before, some F1's last year. Fiddly though. You'll probably need somewhere warmish for them to grown on as they don't like cold  :D

jimroden

• Experienced Member
look at the mess
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 17:41 »
Quote from: "compostqueen"
I've grown them before, some F1's last year. Fiddly though. You'll probably need somewhere warmish for them to grown on as they don't like cold  :D

so are  each of those individual plants then  :?:  :?:

they will be staying in the kitchen until the weather warms up then i will put them in the greenhouse

Trillium

look at the mess
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 18:47 »
If you want a real mess, come see my mud/laundry room in fall. You can barely move for things I'm bringing in.

Yes, all those individual green things are petunia plants. You'll have loads. Despite the small seed size, I've always found them easy to grow. Leave them as is for a while longer until the seedlings are a bit larger and easier to handle. Hold by the leaves only when you transplant into cells (which I find easier and less bulky).
The geraniums may not bloom this year as they're a slower grower. Bring them inside for winter and you'll definitely have flowers next year. Normally I start geranium seeds in Nov/Dec.

jimroden

• Experienced Member
look at the mess
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 16:20 »
Quote from: "Trillium"
If you want a real mess, come see my mud/laundry room in fall. You can barely move for things I'm bringing in.

Yes, all those individual green things are petunia plants. You'll have loads. Despite the small seed size, I've always found them easy to grow. Leave them as is for a while longer until the seedlings are a bit larger and easier to handle. Hold by the leaves only when you transplant into cells (which I find easier and less bulky).
The geraniums may not bloom this year as they're a slower grower. Bring them inside for winter and you'll definitely have flowers next year. Normally I start geranium seeds in Nov/Dec.

Do you have any idea when i need to put them in individual pots i can not find anything to say what size they have to be before transplanting  :oops:  :oops:

Trillium

look at the mess
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 16:53 »
There's no actual 'size to transplant' code. But I'd wait another 2-3 weeks before moving them. They need enough time to grow some bigger roots to better survive transplanting. When you do it, just do a few, wait a week to see how those survive before trying the rest. By then the others will have another week of growth if the first lot were too young and didn't make it. I find a bit of liquid transplanting solution in their water helps them along better.

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 28 queries.