Grounds for divorce!

• 17 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Grounds for divorce!
« on: September 10, 2021, 14:36 »
My beloved's boobies (or one in particular to be pedantic) is not healing as they should, now she has some device attached that sucks and blows across the site!  I'm doing by best to carry out chores which she thinks are too strenuous and I'm ironing the pillow cases...

But she is insisting I iron BOTH SIDES!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

GraciesGran

Re: Grounds for divorce!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 15:11 »
Sorry, but I agree with her.

My neighbour irons dish cloths so you're getting off lightly

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 15:31 »
I do actually own an Electrical Appliance (ironing.)

Had it about 20 years and have used it 4 times (2 weddings and two funerals - you can get away with only ironing the shirt fronts if you don't take your jacket off!  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 16:07 »
- you can get away with only ironing the shirt fronts if you don't take your jacket off!  :lol:)

Mind you don’t burn your chest, JayG.  :wacko:

wighty

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 17:16 »
I now only iron if I have to and it's only about three times a year.  I used to iron underwear, tea towels and the toes of socks to get rid of the   peg mark.   I now rely on the heat from our bodies to remove the creases! :D

MrsPea

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 18:32 »
If you fold it neatly when it comes out the trumble dryer you can get away with it  :D
I Love my green house

Christine

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 19:01 »
Wind blown can be good.

Himself would iron his suit trousers if required but shirts were foreign country as as for the chorister's white robe known as the bat wing which needed starching - well for a man qualified in skilled manual trades he was a shambles.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 19:46 »
- you can get away with only ironing the shirt fronts if you don't take your jacket off!  :lol:)

Did worry about that for a time before discovering that it's possible to get an acceptable result without even plugging it in!  ::)

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 19:47 »
My iron used to get very little use - now it gets none. I did miss a nice flat fitted bed sheet but a few youtube videos later on how to fold fitted sheets and it's good enough. Ironing which results in less creases than when you started is a dark art I have no interest in anymore  :nowink:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 21:49 »
Quote from: JayG link=topic=135415.msg1559729#msg 1559729 date=1631284292

A pitcher (John Smoltz) for the Atlanta Braves baseball team once decided the shirt he was wearing needed ironing, and did so himself, while wearing the shirt! He burned his chest of course.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 06:21 »
Does anyone use the duvet filling technique of taking an ironed cover, folding it in some sort of clothy origami way, then applying a Jimmy Anderson sort of throw to get it all in place and fitted?

I've tried countless times and eventually resort to a more Anglo-Saxon verbal technique at the same time as stuffing it rather like one does a turkey (through its beak)...

Mrs Growster insists on ironing the cover, but the bottom sheet usually sorts itself out!

Lardman

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 10:39 »
Duvet covers are easy  ::) Turning it inside out hold top 2 corners from the inside pickup duvet at the same 2 corners and then hold the duvet vertical, the cover drops down the right way out - job done.  I do this on everything up to king size when it starts to be a bit of stretch to get things high enough and wide enough without another pair of hands. Never hand any luck with the folding, rolling or stuffing techniques, always ended with a partial stuffing.

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 05:47 »
Do you do special shows for this sort of thing, Lards?

Thanks so much, I'll try and do this next time - never thought of that way...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 09:37 »
...... always ended with a partial stuffing.
That's never a good outcome  ::)  :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 10:45 »
You can get an ironing board cover that has a metallic finish that reflects the heat from the iron back onto the other side of whatever you're ironing thus ironing both sides at the same time. I only iron if I have to as I tend to add creases rather than remove them. Stretchy T-shirts (especially the sleeves) are a nightmare as one side will iron flat ok but the other somehow goes off line.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 45 queries.