tubs & pots

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

tubs & pots
« on: January 20, 2021, 11:12 »
we call our home garden a court yard garden at the front of the house and we have small garden at the top of the garden near our fish pond both being slabbed no grass

so we have many pots and tubs but we seem to have lost quite a few terracotta pots this year through frost damage I know there a few years old now and some where hand made  :(so we started buying concrete pots and tubs  for several years now and some concrete pots are around fifteen years old but they seem to have stood up to the frost much better we haven't lost any concrete pots or tubs to frost damage but  we have lost some plastic pots to frost damaged probably the cheaper brands

so are you a pot and tub person if so have you lost any pots to frost damage

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: tubs & pots
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:34 »
I did have some lovely huge terracotta pots, the type with bands of leaves and grapes around the top. Sadly they cracked and broke within a year or so *sob*  Nowadays I have mostly medium-sized pots, so I can move them around, and all the plain terracotta ones overwinter, most with plants still inside, in a greenhouse.
The only ones outside are the glazed/coloured pots - for some reason these don't seem to break like the plain terracotta ones do  :wacko:
Over the last few years, I've been buying packs of 30L heavy duty 'tree pots' for potatoes etc for the home veggie plot, or the allotment. These seem fairly indestructible  :D

xx
Something digging in tubs

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 11, 2017, 03:50
by Paul Plots
clip
Plastic Pots and Trays

Started by allotment-shed on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 11:42
by allotment-shed
xx
Painting plastic pots

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post September 15, 2020, 17:56
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 31 queries.