Empty shelves

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Empty shelves
« on: January 14, 2021, 14:57 »
Had a S-------ys on line order.  Ordered from favourites as usual, but a lot of it was missing.  I only order every three weeks.    So, although it is not their fault,  I was cross.     Today I looked at other Supermarkets and their, deliveries, prices etc.     I finished up doing a "click and collect" at  A--a.    The total was £18.50 and the collection is Saturday between 2 and 3pm.    All the things that I needed.  £3.00 charge and of course I have to drive.   still I can carry on in doors after that.    Don't really want to go anywhere, but need the goodies.
It will be an adventure, because I don't know the gen and how it works, but no doubt I will see signs.  Will wear my face mask and face shield and disposable gloves, when I alight from my car. 8)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Empty shelves
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 14:09 »
We get ours delivered and choose a time slot that's the cheapest as we're going no further than the front gate.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Empty shelves
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 16:10 »
The problem with on line shopping is that the supermarkets have a minimum spend, which I am sure I used to meeting.   But now I am ordered for 1 person, I struggle to meet their criteria.

I click and collected from A--a, because their minimum spend was within my grasp.  I collected this afternoon at 2pm  left at 1.45, drove into a special space at front of store, of which there are 5.  you then ring and say I am here in space ....   I didn't ring (no phone), so spoke to the young man.  My disabled badge was prominent and I said, sorry, I am deaf.  He put my containers, at the car door, I unloaded into my bags, he took containers.  I left.  back home at 2.20.    Spent just £20, with no surcharges at all.  Face mask on and disposable gloves  So Ideal for me, and it gave the car a run.    So thrilled, suited me perfectly.    :)  Mrs B

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 31 queries.