Any suggestions for what to grow in the winter in a green house?

• 1 Replies

OurAllotment

• Our Allotment Blog
Like any new allotmenteerer (still to perfect that word) you want to grow something now, and feel by the time you get to February / March again, you may have run out of steam.

Of all the differing things I have noticed, Aubergines were saying they could be started in January, but when I delved further, found they needed a heated greenhouse.

Is there anything else which I could be growing over winter in the green house?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
In usually sow Winter hardy lettuces,  as well as rocket, pak choi, mizuna, lambís lettuce and spinach, at the end of September, beginning of October for winter salads and stir-fries. All worth a try now though, Id have thought - as we rarely seem to get the freezing cold before year end, like we used to.
From February I  fill any gaps with early lettuce, more spinach, early peas and mangetout in the g/h border  - but the peas do tend to get in the way if you only have a small greenhouse  :lol:
Remember from March there will lots of trays and pots full of germinating veg and space will be tight.
Lesley x
I'm not good, I'm not bad - I'm just me, and sometimes I have to apologise for that ;)

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 36 queries.