The starlings and my grape vine

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

The starlings and my grape vine
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:16 »
The vine is always totally weighed down with fruit.   In the past I have teased the bunches out to fatten them etc etc.    I have always left some fruit for the Starlings who love them about now.    I leave them in easily accessible places for them to eat, but so far this year, I haven't seen any.   I am hoping that they just haven't arrived yet.  Otherwise, I am going to have a huge amount left.   
Have you seen any Starlings yet ?      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

DanielCoffey

Re: The starlings and my grape vine
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 14:25 »
Our Starlings are not here yet... just the permanent residents who never leave. There is a family of about a dozen who live around our neighbour's stables.

The Swallows are beginning to gather in social groups in the afternoons so they may be thinking of moving. The Starlings and Redwings will probably be along later.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03 »
This morning there are Starlings on the grapes, but only two.   The rest has better hurry up !    Mrs Bouquet

8doubles

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 13:11 »
This morning there are Starlings on the grapes, but only two.   The rest has better hurry up !    Mrs Bouquet
They will turn up when the corn harvest is over and all the Blackberries have gone .
They turn up here a bit later to eat the Elderberry sized seeds of the Cabbage Palm .

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 37 queries.