coleus

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

coleus
« on: July 27, 2019, 09:26 »
never had much luck with growing coleus this year maybe the seed or the growing conditions or compost don't know because we usually have good results from growing from seed we actually bought 2 potted coleus in the where a small leaf chocolate coloured variety very nice plants

so not to give up I've been looking at growing a dwarf variety next year called Faiway mixed as apposed to the normal varieties also there's a nice variety called chocolate mint that looks quite nice and it would be nice to know for those of you that grow coleus how you done with your plants and what variety you consider to be worth growing perhaps some  of you grow the large Kong varieties anyway I would welcome your comments on this topic

jezza

Re: coleus
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 22:38 »
Hello Coleus (Flame Nettle)can be grown from cuttings I used to take them when I worked for a training centre, they're easy to get to strike ,the only thing to remember is that when a Coleus stem is cut it oozes sap the same colour as the stem and takes some washing off  use a gritty seed compost   jezza

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 28 queries.