Can't Cook, Won't Cook ...Anymore !

• 15 Replies

mrs bouquet

Can't Cook, Won't Cook ...Anymore !
« on: June 05, 2019, 14:09 »
Yesterday I was very good, prepped, peppers, courgettes, leek, celery, red onion, and drizzled it with a few chilli flakes and olive oil, and little cherry tomatoes.   Removed fat and bone from a pork chop, and put it in another tray, with a drizzle of oil and a few mixed herbs.  Popped it into the oven, and feeling very pleased with myself (I don't often eat meat) noticed the rain had stopped and went for a wander round the garden.  Spotted a couple of quick jobs, that just couldn't wait.   1 hour later came in to a rather charred dinner, maybe chefs would call it "caramelised".   Still had to eat it anyway.
Later, scrubbed all the burned bits of ashes out of the oven tins, and generally cleared up.   Noticed it smelled a bit of cooking (which I hate).
Today at 9am stripped down the cooker hood, and the ovens and the tins again.  Washed the oven gloves and apron.  Thats the quick version, in real life it took until 12.20.
So thats it,  can cook, provided the garden doesn't get in the way !!!!  But I think I will stick, with ready-mades, jackets, salads, easy veg and basically anything that doesn't require all that effort.   -   Who can blame a girl.      :lol: :lol:  Tonight it is a jacket with ready grated cheese. :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Fairy Plotmother

Re: Can't Cook, Won't Cook ...Anymore !
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 17:36 »
Oh you’re a lady after my own heart Mrs B. Better things to do than slave over a hot stove for hours. Tonight we had freezer surprise. Plotfather had Christmas turkey stew and mine was chicken stew. 🤣😋

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 18:32 »
In the winter I am more inclined to do big cook-ups and freeze some.    Then I don't want to bring it out, in case I eat it all, then there will be no more left    !!!!.  Don't ask the logic.    But I must go and check the freezers out, and start eating some of it.   Maybe.    :D    Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 13:12 »
If I had something in the cooker I'd take a timer out with me because it could have been a lot worse if it had set on fire! I like freezer surprise especially if the labels have fallen off! 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 13:17 »
Good idea, but I only popped out for a quick look honest  ::) ::) ::)  Mrs Bouquet

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 21:19 »
Mrs B,   two words for you, slow  cooker fool proof i know ive  had one for years.... :D
Colin

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 22:09 »
tbh I don't think buying grated cheese is a good idea. It spoils much quicker than a block of cheese does and it's more expensive - and in reality how long does it take to grate some, specially when it's only a single portion? It doesn't make the kitchen smelly either  ::)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:33 »
Mrs B,   two words for you, slow  cooker fool proof i know ive  had one for years.... :D
One of the best things I ever bought. I love it, especially in the winter.

grinling

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 20:58 »
I try to remember to put the alarm on the phone, especially after cooking the dog's potato and carrot for over an hour!!!

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 22:01 »
Hmm I’m certainly not ready to rely on ready meals. Batch cooking must be a better way to go. I try to write on the calendar when we’re going to have the dishes I freeze, so if I put 3 steak & kidney pies I write those on might take over 6 weeks to use them & so on. We of course don5 have to have them that day. I try to plan weekly based on what is on the calendar so home made ready meals are on for the days I’ll not be available to prepare from scratch. Maybe Mrs Bouquet this is something you could cope with.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 23:27 »
Hmm I’m certainly not ready to rely on ready meals. Batch cooking must be a better way to go. I try to write on the calendar when we’re going to have the dishes I freeze, so if I put 3 steak & kidney pies I write those on might take over 6 weeks to use them & so on. We of course don5 have to have them that day. I try to plan weekly based on what is on the calendar so home made ready meals are on for the days I’ll not be available to prepare from scratch. Maybe Mrs Bouquet this is something you could cope with.

This is a brilliant idea. I always cook extra and freeze it then forget about it. I’m going to start doing this. Write it on the calendar so I don’t forget to use it! SNOWDROPS you’re a genius!!
Ches

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2019, 10:36 »

This is a brilliant idea. I always cook extra and freeze it then forget about it. I’m going to start doing this. Write it on the calendar so I don’t forget to use it! SNOWDROPS you’re a genius!!

😂😂, not quite Stephen Hawking........even though there’s just the 2 of us now I still buy a family calendar every year & use one of the columns for the menu .
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:38 by snowdrops »

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 11:20 »

😂😂, not quite Stephen Hawking........even though there’s just the 2 of us now I still buy a family calendar every year & use one of the columns for the menu .

We also have a family calendar. I’ll start using a column for menu!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 12:03 »
I was so organised when darling OH was here, and before with the children etc,   Now I have just become so, lazy about food, and after a full day, come 5pm well whatever !  Grated cheese - what an example !, cannot be bothered to use grater, so tip someout of packet onto jacket.    I know this is really bad.   I will try to mend my ways, honest.   It will be better again in winter when I stay in and do big cook ups, I like prepping veg etc.  Meanwhile tonight is a "Be good to yourself" chicken biryani.    I am going out this afternoon to a NGS garden, so that will be popped into the microwave later, probably the one outside in the garage, because of the smell  !!!!   Mrs Bouquet

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 18:53 »
I was so organised when darling OH was here, and before with the children etc,   Now I have just become so, lazy about food, and after a full day, come 5pm well whatever !  Grated cheese - what an example !, cannot be bothered to use grater, so tip someout of packet onto jacket.    I know this is really bad.   I will try to mend my ways, honest.   It will be better again in winter when I stay in and do big cook ups, I like prepping veg etc.  Meanwhile tonight is a "Be good to yourself" chicken biryani.    I am going out this afternoon to a NGS garden, so that will be popped into the microwave later, probably the one outside in the garage, because of the smell  !!!!   Mrs Bouquet

How was your biryani? I’ve just made Bolognese to go on the jacket tatties

xx
Things you don't see anymore

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

58 Replies
Last post February 13, 2023, 11:49
by Aunt Sally
xx
Does anyone have anymore Primary School Jokes ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post May 17, 2018, 05:41
by LILLILEAF

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 44 queries.