Yellow plants

• 2 Replies

brownp

• Experienced Member
Yellow plants
« on: May 07, 2017, 19:04 »
I have a few raised beds and I had a very poor season last year - mainly due to lack of time with work etc. I am better prepared this year and making a better go of it.
I started some beetroot off in my potting shed and then when a good size planted out about a week ago. North Lincolnshire.
The plants have all yellowed and look as if they are on death's door. They have had a nibble by slugs by the look of them.
I did not manure that bed but another bed nearby I covered in manure then put french beans in and they are also looking a little unhealthy and slightly yellow.
What I'm concerned about is the colour of them....do plants that are sulking due to being moved/ low temperatures go yellow or is it some defeciency in the soil?
Thanks in advance

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Yellow plants
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 21:12 »
If they went straight from the potting shed to outdoors, it could be the drop in temperature has got to them.  French beans are notorious for it.  Beetroot are usually hardier, but it depends how protected they were inside v how outside temperatures have been.

Its best to harden off gradually - put plants outside during the day and bring them in at night for a week or so.  Having said that, it is still a bit early for french beans to go out. 

I would re-sow.  There is plenty of time yet.  My french beans have only been sown today.

solway cropper

Re: Yellow plants
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 22:44 »
Too early to put out French beans. My first sowings have only just germinated on the window sill and won't be going in the ground for a couple of weeks yet.

xx
Courgette plants looking a bit yellow

Started by VeggieVirgin on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 19, 2011, 13:12
by stompy
xx
Plants turning Yellow

Started by colin120 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2015, 01:14
by colin120
xx
yellow tomato plants

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 20, 2019, 13:25
by jambop
xx
new potato plants turning yellow! help!

Started by Gleavo on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 04, 2011, 09:57
by Debz

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 37 queries.