Leaving my Girls

• 5 Replies

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Leaving my Girls
« on: January 22, 2008, 18:46 »
We are coming to England for our sons wedding at the weekend, ferry tomorrow morning. I know I should excited but I really hate leaving my girls...how sad am I?? Very   :cry:

We have friends coming to stay in the house, (they're bringing their hens, run etc!!) but I still hate to go. My poorly silkie from a few ago is back with the others but still a bit wobbly ...I'm the only one who can tell who's who! Buster and the peacock still hate each other so poor Buster will have to stay in the run whilst we're away...no-one else would let him out, stand guard and put him back at the first sign of trouble with different girls so he doesn't get bored!!!

Then there are the 5 baby doves about to leave the dovecote...this means catching them each night until they are able to fly back up to the cote or the roof...!

There's also peacock duties...

Not sure our friends will have time for anything else...just the birds!!

I've written detailed instructions, labelled everything, set up the "infirmary" just in case anyone needs it, hopefully every eventuality covered!

Once we're off, I hope I feel better about going...but I will be phoning every day!

Judi

Jellyhead

Leaving my Girls
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 18:57 »
I wish I was closer. I have just set up a pet sitting business. There are so many people out there that hate to leave their pets. I have had lots of inquiries already and people that know me have already said they will use me as they know I am so animal orientated. I wish I could help, even tho its a business venture for me so it would cost. I know I would pay to have peace of mind. Hope all goes well for you Judy and you have a good time back in the UK. I hate going back now. Its special occasions or nothing for me :)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Leaving my Girls
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 18:57 »
:roll: You sound as bad as me  LiF :lol:

Fat Hen

Leaving my Girls
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 19:00 »
Lost in France:  It sounds like a small zoo you've got their what are your opening hrs :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Leaving my Girls
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 21:17 »
Not quite a zoo yet but...in March we get our alpacas, then maybe! We have 3 pregnant females,  Anabelle is grey, Pegassou and Bonheur are brown, and Uno is a white male, then there is Chica a 4 month old white female and little Namaste who is nearly 2 months and dark brown with white feet, chest and tiara! Just got to erect the fencing and field shelters before they arrive! Can't wait but...will still love my girls, just hope they love the alpacas!

Judi

Jellyhead

Leaving my Girls
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 21:28 »
How exciting Judi. I better not tell my OH about this. We have a mini zoo here too but our fields are devoid of any type of 4 legged friends, for now. I keep thinking I might rescue a couple of Donkeys but Alpacas sound great. Can you let me know more about keeping them, perhaps in a pm or something. Please let me have piccies when you get them 8)

xx
leaving your girls!?

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post November 02, 2009, 10:43
by scrappydoo
angry
leaving chook alone?

Started by celtbhoy on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 21, 2009, 15:37
by woodside farm
xx
leaving food out 24/7

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 18:08
by karlooben
xx
Hen now leaving chick

Started by PaulineM on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 20:47
by bantam novice

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 36 queries.