Honeyberry shrub

• 4 Replies

jools68

Honeyberry shrub
« on: January 17, 2016, 21:12 »
Does anybody grow them?,i bought 2 small ones in 9cm pots last summer,ive since  repotted them to 12cm and they are in the greenhouse but the leaves have dropped so im wondering if ive murdered them,i dont want to scrape the bark to see as the stems arnt very thick,thanks julie
“If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would have only four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.”.........Einstein

Norfolkgrey

• Experienced Member
Re: Honeyberry shrub
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:18 »
As long as they are not brown and crispy they should be fine. They are tough little things.  :)

jools68

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 12:59 »
Thanks Norfolkgrey  :) I just nipped down and checked them,they look drab but one has signs of life  :)
When is the best time to plant them? they dont seem to have grown any since i bought them  :unsure:
Wish i was brown n crispy..roll on summer  :lol:
DSC_0005.JPG

Norfolkgrey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 15:35 »
How long have they been in the green house? if it was just an overwintering thing then anytime when the ground is not too wet or frozen. However if they have been in the greenhouse all they time they may be a little sensitive in which case wait for the weather to warm up (April onwards hopefully). Mine are several years old and really aren't anything special but they have been neglect several times  :nowink:

jools68

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 23:01 »
I put them in there november sometime,temps havnt been too bad here in derbyshire but it was very windy at some point so i think thats why i decided to move them in there save them getting blown of the table,april sounds a good time to plant your right  :) if we get warmer grown temps earlier then i will pop them in sooner....just cant wait to taste them!  :) :)

xx
Honeyberry....help....

Started by emptydraw on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 20:28
by Quetzal
xx
Honeyberry

Started by LottyLouis on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 27, 2015, 00:38
by Kajazy
xx
Honeyberry

Started by pixie1nigel on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post December 06, 2011, 18:50
by sunshineband
xx
Honeyberry

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 16:01
by sclarke624

Page created in 0.426 seconds with 36 queries.