Comfrey and leek vandal.

• 3 Replies

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
Comfrey and leek vandal.
« on: March 28, 2015, 17:22 »
I was going to go and get some verve compost this morning but I had my daily look inside my unfinished greenhouse and noticed my lovely comfrey leaves and some seedling leeks had been attacked by some unknown intruder, I first thought It might be pigeons but realised the pots would have been all over the place, some of the pigeons around here are bigger than the cats :D, the damage to the comfrey was mainly the thicker stems near the crown and they look like a clean cut across the stem, not what a rodent would do, its hard to tell what happened to the leek seedlings, they just look like they have been savaged, I have boarded up the few remaining holes and will see what tomorrow brings, sigh Dave
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

Goosegirl

Re: Comfrey and leek vandal.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:46 »
How strange! I have absolutely no idea except the usual culprits such as birds, foxes, wabbits and deer etc. Luckily, comfrey will grow again but not sure about the leeks unless you have more leaves coming lower down to keep them going. What a shame and I hope all will be ok soon.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 15:44 »
Thanks GG, looked in this morning and all is well in the gardening world, I can always start off some more leek seeds and it was a wake up call to get my greenhouse water and wind tight, cheers Dave

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:03 »
Plenty of time to sow more leeks and they will probably catch up to the state yours were before they got trashed. I'm going to go for wabbits as the nice young comfrey shoots and leeks would have been a tender treat.

xx
Animal vandal

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post May 31, 2006, 10:26
by twysted1
xx
Potatoes-vandal or disease issue?

Started by pepe le pew on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 10:39
by DD.
xx
Thinning leek seedlings (sorry another leek question)

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 07:21
by DD.
xx
Leek pro

Started by corynsboy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 04, 2008, 11:21
by corynsboy

Page created in 1.819 seconds with 28 queries.