What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

miggs

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2015, 18:26 »
Spent a couple of hours down at the plot this afternoon. Hoed all the bed's, pulled approx 40 onion's and picked nearly 3lb of Blackcurrents, which have all been prepared to go into a crumble later.
Also met some new people who have taken over plots either side of me. The first time in about 6 months I have been down at the plot with someone to talk with.

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2015, 21:30 »
Watered the polytunnel & tied in the tomatoes. Gave up with red baron onions so lifted them and put into compost (mildew!) weeded and prepped the bed for my brussel sprouts. I'll plant them tomorrow when the OH goes back to work  :). Lifted a few potatoes for tonights dinner, found a courgette that was ready and picked some rasps for pudding but the wee one scoffed them while I worked!!

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2015, 22:06 »
A quick half hour this evening, got a teen to water whilst I chucked in my planting of french beans and some mange tout on an off chance (or maybe green manure.....).  Pumpkins going mad with loads of fruit, my raspberries doing well, but yet another daughter told me she 'liked the backgarden ones much better' (tayberry)as she was picking so that's decided that, up they will all come this autumn.
Got my first yellow courgette, and another cue and picked some fab french beans I'd not spotted (and nor had the slugs!).

Maarten

« Reply #768 on: August 02, 2015, 22:13 »
Cleaned up the strawberries (cut down completely). Dug up early potatoes and planted leeks and fennel in its place. Weeded the brassica patch. Ready to go away for holiday.

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2015, 21:20 »
Pulled pallets apart for raised bed timber and a good pile of firewood to go with it. Not bad for free!

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #770 on: August 06, 2015, 20:47 »
Another quick half hour to plant in some (Homebase) PSB plugs as my seedlings have turned out to be pointed cabbages....  :D which am quite excited about as have never (knowingly) grown a decent cabbage before.
Cut some courgettes and a cue, picked beets and beans.  Chucked woodash from the massive bonfire of practice exam papers my teens got shot of (one week to A level results! eek) around.

Really chuffed with my teeny tiny toms (thanks Candalot & seed circle) for 100 & 1000 seeds and my first decent Gardeners Delights.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #771 on: August 06, 2015, 22:28 »
Weeding, weeding, much weeding!! ::)

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #772 on: August 07, 2015, 10:25 »
Watered the celery and blue berries, had a word with the toms about the tardy lack of haste in ripening, taste tested couple of rasps, sat in the sun watching a blooming small white playing  eenie meenie miney mo with my cabbages, at lest with the large white you stand a chance of spotting eggs  >:(
:D I garden therefore I am

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #773 on: August 07, 2015, 19:15 »
Good couple of hours weeding in the first proper sun of the year, earthed up spuds and was entertained by a robin after grubs and worms.

Flowertot

« Reply #774 on: August 08, 2015, 09:04 »
Yesterday - weeded and prepared the bed where the onions had been and finally planted out the PSB. Just need to get the leeks in now that we've cleared lots of the potatoes - then the winter veg will all be in the ground.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #775 on: August 08, 2015, 14:51 »
Yesterday we cleared the finished peas and broad beans, then weeded the bed they were in and had a bonfire.
We harvested runner beans, blackberries, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Noticed the cauliflowers were ready for harvesting so I'll get one for dinner tomorrow, I harvested a nice Stonehead cabbage for our homemade coleslaw for tonight's BBQ with friends!

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2015, 16:15 »
Cleared out the last of the summer brassica bed that had unfortunately blown and then flowered before I got to eat them. Planted out the winter brassicas - 2 types of cabbage, cauli and psb. I am going to try really hard to get the plot more productive all year round. Also had to pull up all my tomato plants that were weighed down with fruit as blight got the lot since I last went down 3 days ago :( lost hundreds of fruits am gutted

I did harvest a cauli, courgettes, runner beans and a cabbage at least
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 16:21 by RJR_38 »

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #777 on: August 08, 2015, 16:20 »
So sorry to read that - that's a horrible thing to see when you visit.  :(

I've been digging this morning. Going back up in a bit for some more and to do a bit of harvesting: chicory leaves, chard, kale, tomatoes, aubergines, cucumbers, beans, fennel fronds (the bulb has bolted) and possibly a very small squash.

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #778 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57 »
Spent all day there yesterday finishing off plot three,our hopes have come to fruition.
To fill you in further we had two plots, numbers 4 and 7 which was a pain due to the distance apart, we could spend hours there and not speak to each other!
Next to plot 4 is plot three which was badly overgrown and we had our eye on that, however the rent was fully paid on it. As it looked so bad we asked if the committee could ask the plot holder to get the weeds under control to stop air bound spread and guess what , he gave it back--Result or what!

We have now been given this plot on the proviso we give back plot 7 which suits us fine

Last weekend we strummed and cleared the plot, yesterday we finished digging it over and sorted out the timber edging.

Winter cabbage will be planted next weekend

grendel

« Reply #779 on: August 09, 2015, 13:13 »
Well today I was up and out by 8am, after a quick walk the local boot fair it was 8.40 before I got to my plot, dug over the potato bed from where the vegetation long since vanished and harvested my 3 salad potatos (from 2 rows), weeded the rest of the plot, getting a few carrots for my troubles. I also managed to weed the one pea plant that had pods on it, so about 5 mange tout for the pot, the good news was the french beans are doing well.
managed to clear some more of the new half of the plot, ready to be rotovated next time. by 11 am it was up to 28 degrees, so I headed for home, having only seen one other brave soul at the plot.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.608 seconds with 37 queries.