What are your autumn and winter plans?

• 19 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 16:56 »
Can't you just copy and paste them and read them afterwards John?????

But no, I suppose you must scrutinise every word to make sure its interesting enough for us????

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 17:41 »
Actually, they are really good so I end up reading them.  They're all taken from back-issues of the NVS member's magazine so some are a little dated (taketh a bushel of ye compost and mixeth well with the dung of ye cow) but I can't put them on this web site.
What I have done is use the magic of the interweb to list the latest on a page here NVS Articles

Funny story - client of mine emailed ranting about spelling mistakes on some pages of his site. Went a bit quiet when I pointed out it was a cut and paste job from the documents he sent me.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 17:51 »
I've planted 40 red onions, and 40 Senshuyu Japanese ones, plus two bulbs of "Purple Wight" garlic today.  I've got more garlic coming, some Spanish Roja, which is a hardneck rocambole variety; and a mild, large softneck "Oswego White".

Leeks, parnips, jerusalem artichokes, swiss chard, swede and turnips are growing well to use over the autumn and winter, and I'll be sowing green manures (rye, tares and field beans) when the cabbages, squashes and legumes have been harvested.  Next year's spud bed has been manured and covered with black plastic to let the worms do the digging for me.

I haven't planted any winter salad, as I rarely eat the stuff, but my big project for this winter is to build my freebie greenhouse.

legendaryone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 19:37 »
I've only had my plot just over a month but aswell as nearly finishing the digging i've planted up a dozen strawberry runners and at the weekend i will be planting Japanese onions and garlic.

lisa

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 10:19 »
Hi Everyone.  I ve been tidying up, with the help of my dad!!  and the hiderance of my husband who insists of torturing me with the frogs that seem to love to live on my plot!!  Had loads and loads of tomatoes and kidney beans and am now fed up with eating them (as are the kids).  I am hoping to plant some garlic, but have been researching but get conflicting advice.  Anybody got any die hard, definate good points for me?  Dad is advising on what else to stick in so will be pottering around at my own pace over winter months!!!  on the look out for a shed as the one on plot as a very distinct lean about it so much so that someone has to push it from the side when you need to lock it!!  think I may upgrade and get one that fits more than a barrow and a ball of string!!!  take care folks x

xx
Winter veg plans?

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 20:47
by angelavdavis
xx
When and What veg for autumn/winter ?

Started by mrspodington on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2007, 14:50
by Aidy
xx
Autumn ? Winter sowing??

Started by petersson on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 05:39
by DD.
xx
AUTUMN/WINTER PROJECTS....

Started by steve chip on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post August 30, 2015, 09:22
by surbie100

Page created in 0.916 seconds with 29 queries.