ive limed and dug over , what now ??

• 19 Replies

gobs

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 18:21 »
Quote from: "Rob the rake"
As a postscript to my previous meanderings, it occurs to me that there may be advantages to making some sort of marigold preparation as a soil drench to control eelworm. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for volunteering to do a bit of research on this, Rob, should be much more use than planting up only. I believe their extracts are used in preparation of the sort.  :?:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Rob the rake

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 20:49 »
Quote from: "gobs"
As a postscript to my previous meanderings, it occurs to me that there may be advantages to making some sort of marigold preparation as a soil drench to control eelworm. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for volunteering to do a bit of research on this, Rob, should be much more use than planting up only. I believe their extracts are used in preparation of the sort.  :?:

You can bet I will too.
A calloused palm and dirty fingernails precede a Green Thumb.

chrissie B

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 09:55 »
im getting a little confused is the yes in brackets its late an answer to my question or the potato question :?:  :?:  :?:
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

gobs

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 13:23 »
Quote from: "WG."
Quote from: "mushroom"
How long would it take the marigolds to do their job? I was hoping that by earthing-up time, the marigolds could be discarded
You can interplant with Tagetes Minuta which grows to 6ft tall so is not aptly named.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you plant in a way which leaves marigolds in place throughout, e.g. ends of rows, adjacent to outside rows of block.  Very large blocks could be divided.

That's exactly how I do it.

Are you both growing Tagetes Minuta then?

gobs

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 13:27 »
Quote from: "chrissie B"
im getting a little confused is the yes in brackets its late an answer to my question or the potato question :?:  :?:  :?:
chrissie b

It is potatoes, Chrissie. They advise 4-6 months between manuring and liming, I also tend to think in this order, but you have a special situ there.

xx
Limed at the wrong time

Started by Jeanieblue on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2013, 09:46
by Jeanieblue
xx
Will Peas, grow on Limed soil.

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 18, 2008, 15:00
by Trillium

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 27 queries.