Free lightbulb exchange

• 5 Replies

sweet nasturtium

Free lightbulb exchange
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:36 »
Thought I'd let you know that all B&Qs with M25 area are from tomorrow giving free energy saving lightbulbs in exchange for tungsten ones.
I'm going early.

lefrog

• Experienced Member
Free lightbulb exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 16:48 »
Sound interesting , but reading the small print, you are limited to 2 bulb per household.
I might be cynical on that , but the scheme has been pushed by ken livingston, as a way to make london greener. is that a publicity stunt, a way to show "ken is green" for the future election, or maybe he just really to do something to make london greener
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black"
Henry Ford

Ruby Red

Free lightbulb exchange
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 22:29 »
Im already stockpiling the others. (as are a few others that come through my till lol :)
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

Selkie

Free lightbulb exchange
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:13 »
But it looks like the ordinary ones won't be banned now until every country in the EU bans them :?

It's illegal to ban something that is readily for sale in another EU country, so there's no need to panic just yet :roll:

lefrog

• Experienced Member
Free lightbulb exchange
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15 »
I was reading in the news they had some problem with the low energy light  recycling, apparently they contain heavy metal and other goodness.

sweet nasturtium

Free lightbulb exchange
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 14:44 »
Quote from: "lefrog"
Sound interesting , but reading the small print, you are limited to 2 bulb per household.
I might be cynical on that , but the scheme has been pushed by ken livingston, as a way to make london greener. is that a publicity stunt, a way to show "ken is green" for the future election, or maybe he just really to do something to make london greener

Yes, I read the small print and didn't bother in the end, they were replacing them with bulbs that would normally cost around £2 and probably cheaper in *KEA.  The round trip to B&Q wouldn't be worth it (and would release too many carbon emissions).

And as for RedKen, yes, he's good at PR but his intentions are fairly honourable when it comes to the free lightbulbs.  I think if he's trying to support the ordinary person on the street though, he should have done it in Morrisons or Somerfield, not B&Q.

Don't get me started on the GLA....!

xx
Free 14 day trial of Garden Advice Club (+ 2 FREE GARDENING BOOKS)

Started by commerlad on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 08:55
by commerlad
xx
free pack of veg or flower seeds and 8packs free

Started by kezlou on Frugal Living

97 Replies
Last post February 25, 2009, 19:48
by FRUITFULLS SIS
xx
Free tv

Started by Madame Cholet on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post November 30, 2014, 21:32
by Madame Cholet
xx
Free P&P at T&M

Started by New shoot on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post December 26, 2013, 18:25
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 28 queries.