cucumber typhoon

• 8 Replies

Maarten

cucumber typhoon
« on: May 08, 2014, 18:55 »
Hi all,

I have a package of cucumber "typhoon" seeds. It doesn't give any specific information on the package. A quick web search didn't give any help either. Has anyone grown this variety, or does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,

Maarten

Trillium

Re: cucumber typhoon
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 20:29 »
I checked many of my sources and I can't find a listing either. Did you buy it from an oriental seed supplier?

Maarten

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 21:12 »
They were given to me by my Serbian father in law. The seeds were packed in Bosnia-Herzegovina. But where the variety is from I don't know. There is also an English translation on the package, so I guess it is not intended only for regional use.

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:41 »
I tried other sources but still no luck. Guess you'll know once you grow them  :)

Maarten

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:05 »
Thank you for the effort. I have sown a few and they have just come up. So, indeed, we'll see.
Maarten

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:12 »
Thank you for the effort. I have sown a few and they have just come up. So, indeed, we'll see.
Maarten

Do let us know what they are like. Gradually veg varieties from eastern Europe are making their way into catalogues --Real Seeds has quite a few now --- and many of them are very hardy. Not suggesting your cucumbers will be hardy exactly, but they may have faster growth and be quicker to flower
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Trillium

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 15:40 »
That's right sunny, just like the Polish linguisa tomatoes. Normally it's too cold in Poland for tomatoes but this variety is not only tough but a fast and heavy producer. Love them. I too am interested in the results of the typhoon cuke. My guess is that it might lean more towards a pickling type cuke but it could surprise us  :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 15:44 »
With a name like that, it's unlikely to be burpless, and could possibly be even more 'antisocial' than that!  :unsure:  :lol:

Don't forget to update us on the outcome - if it turns out to be bomb-proof I want some!!
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Maarten

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 16:58 »
Thank you for the comments. Serbia has quite a long growing season, where tomatoes, peppers, corn etc are no problem to grow. They have properly warm/hot summers. The photo on the package shows cucumbers looking quite like Burpless Tasty Green. I would be happy to send a few interested cucumber enthusiasts a few seeds, so a few people can have the experience... Just send me a message with address.
Maarten
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 17:06 by Maarten »

xx
Typhoon Broccoli

Started by adekun on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post October 23, 2006, 03:19
by adekun
xx
My cucumber ...

Started by wellingtons on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 29, 2008, 17:58
by gobs
xx
more cucumber help please

Started by mrs bouquet on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 17:50
by Aunt Sally
xx
Cucumber

Started by Phoenix on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post September 02, 2006, 18:40
by John

Page created in 0.518 seconds with 29 queries.