Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #540 on: May 28, 2014, 13:30 »
Forecast is rain until Friday here  >:(

My father-in-law wont be in the most positive of moods then. He's not far from Green Wrythe Lane... or is it Wrythe Green Lane?
(I always confuse the bus drivers!!)  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

cadalot

« Reply #541 on: May 28, 2014, 14:41 »
Forecast is rain until Friday here  >:(

My father-in-law wont be in the most positive of moods then. He's not far from Green Wrythe Lane... or is it Wrythe Green Lane?
(I always confuse the bus drivers!!)  :lol:

Well there are all the combinations around here plus Green Lane and Wrythe Lane so take your pick

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2014, 04:21 »
Morning all! Up with the sparrows over here and...... :ohmy:....it's not raining!
Not yet any way.

cadalot

« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2014, 05:36 »
Wet but not raining at the moment here

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #544 on: May 29, 2014, 06:16 »
dry here too till after lunch? May get on the lotty tomorrow
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #545 on: May 29, 2014, 07:35 »
Morning all. I got woken up by the neighbours rummaging in their wardrobe. Ever since they had the fitted wardrobes put in we can hear everything they do in them the doors banging shut even the hangers scraping against the rail and as our bed is against that wall it wakes me.  :(

dugless

« Reply #546 on: May 29, 2014, 07:46 »
good morning , still raining  :( though I see the temperature is gong up to the seventies next week  :D

My garage is the tidiest it has been in along time . Re installed the wood burner yesterday had to take it out to
sweep the chimney got nice bag of soot to use when I have looked up where and how to use it :lol:
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2014, 03:05 »
Woken an hour ago by thunder and lightening, torrential rain and two unhappy dogs. But checking facebook we have had it easy so far. Friend posted pics of huge hailstones which to the very poor rural community is a total disaster with fruit and nuts ripening on the trees and barley ripening in the fields. Those poor people depend on the little money they can get from these things which grow so well here. My friend has lost her garden for the second time this year but at least it is just a hobby for her. She is so upset for her neighbours in the small hamlet she has lived in for eight years. :(

Sort of puts things into perspective.

snowdrops

« Reply #548 on: May 30, 2014, 05:15 »
Morning.been awake since 3 but finally given in & got up. Can't put up with hubby's snoring & snuffling anymore :ohmy:. Well just now at least. Tosca, that is just something you don't consider in England is it, how the weather can affect crops so much & your livelihood. Our farmers always have the government to turn to for recompense it seems.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

dugless

« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2014, 07:27 »
At last it is not raining here :) should get a shed load of jobs done  :D

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2014, 08:53 »
Looking after a neighbours cat from today for the weekend so will have to be up earlier  ??? It's not raining for a change so hubby wants to dismantle the shed off the plot two down from us and sort out the good wood to make a new one for our plot. He has had permission before anyone asks  ::) no doubt some Nosey Parker on the site will have something to say to him.

Paul Plots

« Reply #551 on: May 31, 2014, 03:19 »
Looking after a neighbours cat from today for the weekend so will have to be up earlier  ??? It's not raining for a change so hubby wants to dismantle the shed off the plot two down from us and sort out the good wood to make a new one for our plot. He has had permission before anyone asks  ::) no doubt some Nosey Parker on the site will have something to say to him.

Good morning already!  ;)

The warden on my site wanted to know why I hadn't told him that I was dismantling and removing my shed.  :wacko: Having had the plot in the family for more than 50 years it was the first time anyone had suggested the need to keep the warden informed about moving sheds.  ::)

When I burnt the old one know one batted an eye-lid nor were they needing to be informed when I put up the replacement. Amazing how a new warden can cause such change.  :mellow:

Here's hoping everyone has a good day.... I've caught up with the paperwork so now I can go to bed in readiness for tea and porridge making later on. 

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #552 on: May 31, 2014, 03:51 »
Morning all. Well, we needed rain and as the rest of Europe has had torrential rain and flooding in recent weeks it was only a matter of time before it reached us here in Bulgaria. And thunderstorms are set to continue for a month yet. Today we have wind, an unusual thing in our area with a breeze being the most we expect. With fruit and nuts being a huge market here I feel for those who have lost a lot of their crop after such a promising spring. Also it was looking like a bumper crop of roses in the rose oil industry after a few lean years. So sad for such a poor country.

archibtbm

« Reply #553 on: June 01, 2014, 06:12 »
Gooood morning all

woken up by a bright light outside.....thought there was aliens, then saw the sun :D

dugless

« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2014, 06:27 »
What a splendid morning only five deg's in the greenhouse though, good job I have not planted out the sweetcorn

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 47 queries.