Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

cadalot

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2014, 03:18 »
Can't sleep too much running through my mind, I've been tidying up emails and filing stuff for an hour, quick look here now I'm off back to bed to see if I'm tired enough to catch a couple of hours more sleep

Update for tosca100 - Yep for a little while up again at 5:30 and staying up now
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:04 by cadalot »

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2014, 04:14 »
Hope you got back to sleep ok Cadalot. :)

Mother-Hen

• Experienced Member
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2014, 05:14 »
Morning!

Off to work for some more heifer wrestling, ten have called in over night so busy morning with the other 150 already milking.

Have a good day.
Sometimes you have to accept that somedays you are the pigeon and somedays you are the statue!

Eblana

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2014, 05:21 »
Hi folks, this is the third time tonight I have been up with my new pup who was great the first two nights but has spent tonight howling the house down. I am exhausted but if I can get through to 7 my daughter is going to take over.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2014, 05:33 »
Bit earlier today.

Looks like another plot morning.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2014, 06:37 »
Sorry slept late  :D

Hi folks, this is the third time tonight I have been up with my new pup who was great the first two nights but has spent tonight howling the house down. I am exhausted but if I can get through to 7 my daughter is going to take over.

Oh dear I remember that well. Where is your pup sleeping? We had ours sleeping in the kitchen but she howled so much that we brought her up to our bedroom in her cage so she couldn't get out and wander around and she settled great we then gradually put her closer and closer to the stairs each night until she eventually went back to the kitchen. Had the odd whimper from her but then she settled and has slept in the kitchen ever since. If you haven't got a cage try and get one they are great. We only shut her in at night for the first few weeks and it was open during the day when we were around.

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2014, 07:36 »
5am, but got lots of paperwork done  8)

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2014, 08:26 »
Urgh. Wide awake 2.30am to 5am, then crashingly tired. S'gonna be a great day!  NOT

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29 »
Urgh. Wide awake 2.30am to 5am, then crashingly tired. S'gonna be a great day!  NOT

It's awful when you feel like that and it lasts all day get plenty of caffeine down you or better still a Berocca  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32 »
I find when I've been awake for a long time I'm better to stay up,yes I'm tired but not as bad as going back to bed as you end up having to wake from deep sleep & I never get over that all day.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2014, 17:49 »
If you can bear to say to yourself that you'll never get that sleep back, when you're having to get up after having had only a couple of hours, it does get easier just to forget the wakeful hours!

There's always the next night to look forward to!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2014, 17:56 »
I've got a lot done on the plot with these early rises. 9 sessions in the last 10 days. (Sunday was a day of rest!.

Eblana

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2014, 22:47 »

Oh dear I remember that well. Where is your pup sleeping? We had ours sleeping in the kitchen but she howled so much that we brought her up to our bedroom in her cage so she couldn't get out and wander around and she settled great we then gradually put her closer and closer to the stairs each night until she eventually went back to the kitchen. Had the odd whimper from her but then she settled and has slept in the kitchen ever since. If you haven't got a cage try and get one they are great. We only shut her in at night for the first few weeks and it was open during the day when we were around.
[/quote]

She is in a cage in the kitchen.  If she doesn't sleep tonight I will move the cage to my room and see how we get on from there.  She seems a little more settled tonight so fingers crossed.  Will let you know later how I am getting on.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2014, 00:58 »
2.55 here in BG, been awake nearly two hours but lying tense so decided to get up and have a drink, let the dogs out and see if I can relax a bit. Lucky that we don't have to go out to work, but hope I am not too crabby later :(

Trillium

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2014, 03:08 »
Hmmm, I'm still here all alone while the rest of you lot were snoring.   :lol:

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 47 queries.