• 16 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: spuds and toms.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 18:12 »
thanks to those with the nice advice,
no comment on the others,
everyone has to start somewhere.
I thought my first post was pretty straight forward.
as potatoes and tomatoes are one of the most popular veg.

Your first post was straightforward, yes, but after you had a go at forum members for not providing more than 4 replies in 24 hours, at a time of year when the forum is pretty quiet, then you immediately disincentivised people from wanting to help you further.

I thought I would have had loads of good advice.

You had 4 people initially providing you with advice to your first question.  They happened to all agree on the answer, which doesn't invalidate their responses in the slightest.

Beefsteak tomatoes are less common than other types, and as I said this is a relatively quiet time of year so it's probable that people who had grown them just hadn't been online to answer you before your second post.

You now have further comments on your first question, and an answer with various suggestions to your second question.

I am slightly puzzled how you've managed to decide that the quality of the advice that people have chosen to give you is poor, but there you are.

maybe this forum isn't so popular.

I think you'll find it's the biggest there is.  But it's just a quiet time of year and your initial response will have led to others deciding not to help someone who expresses such a low opinion of a forum which actually has a great community and helpful feel.

Have a look at the site policies, which set out what is expected of our members.

I have managed to buy
john harrisons book the complete veg gardener,
which I found via this forum.
toodle pip sam.

I've really found John's books very helpful - I've got most, if not all.  They seem to be pitched at a level that enables everyone to learn something, no matter what their experience is.

Please do continue posting other questions which you might have; they will get answered as long as you don't keep digging a hole by chastising people with your expectations!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

diospyros

Re: spuds and toms.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 19:36 »
I have found that database now http://www.varieties.potato.org.uk/search.php I found it very helpful

xx
spuds n' toms

Started by A Reyt Tayty on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 03, 2014, 11:50
by Aunt Sally
xx
Space use after spuds ... toms or french beans?

Started by mrsparkle on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 19, 2011, 12:31
by plum crumble
xx
Blight resistant spuds and spuds in buckets?

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

45 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 16:36
by shokkyy
xx
Spuds glorious Spuds

Started by Antonius on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 22, 2010, 22:18
by digalotty

Page created in 0.728 seconds with 28 queries.