the dreaded brownie

• 10 Replies

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
the dreaded brownie
« on: November 11, 2013, 00:05 »
Yes I know I shouldn't let my hens wander into the house but they don't like the rain and they want a change of scene from the shed so I have let them.....

Their poo is quite harmless and pick uppable except for the 'brownie' - the 8th or 9th poo which smells awful and sticks to the carpet which leads me to ask for..........

........ a good way of shifting stubborn stains from carpets?

They now have their own clean indoor zone so my carpets will be safe - but I'd like to shift these stains if possible.
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

helens-hens

Re: the dreaded brownie
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 14:00 »
Wish I was 'allowed' to have the hens come in and wander around inside from time to time  :).

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for the 'brownie', I find it hard enough trying to scrape it off what is left of the grass!
Helen

loretta cluck

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:55 »
I've had many a "stinker" dropped on my jeans, and good old fairy liquid tends to get it out.  I've just nicely got my new puppy house trained, and along the way, there's been one or two accidents on the carpet.  I do a simple solution of fairy liquid and lukewarm water, and absolutely saturate the stain first, and then use a cloth to push the water back out, whilst mopping it up with kitchen paper.  Finish off dabbing with the kitchen paper, and jobs a good en.  This works on bile type dog sick, which is like dye in the carpet, so my bet is that it will work on your little ladies "brownies"!!  Good luck!

Sassy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51 »
Big believer in washing-up liquid. We don't really need the myriad of cleaning agents the makers would have you belive we cannot manage without! ::)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 19:02 »
I think the real solution is to have a good brush and WU liquid ready to grab and scrub it asap.  After that the stain will not shift.  Hearing about vinegar and bicarb etc......and curious.

grinling

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 22:23 »
oxyaction

ehs284

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15 »
Not answering the question 'cos I don't know, but someone mentioned bicarb and again I don't know about poo; however, bicarbonate of soda is not a cleaner but is very good at dealing with odours due to volatile acids such as from vomit and spilled milk. It is very safe. If you haven't any when there is an incident (!) baking powder is half Bicarb and half citric acid so will have an effect. Might be useful if you have kids for Christmas ;-)

Silkychicks

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 22:00 »
Because I have a cockerel (living in the middle of a city) my chickens sleep inside my house: so every morning and evening they wander through my house, to the hallway where their coop is and back again.
I normaly cover the wooly carpet that is 'in their way' but sometimes an accident happens: Laundry soap for wool takes it away easely, without damaging your carpet.
Baking soda is the odour removing champion: as mentioned before...

I hope this is helpfull to you.

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 09:03 »
Thank you!!!
Firstly I'm not alone in letting them in - although I have to Frontline regularly(!) Mum used to get the dirt off Dad's collars with that green stuff.

The good news is I recenlty treated myself to a professional cleaner for some spring cleaning and she's confident about getting this rug clean within an hour for £10!

traacyken

• Experienced Member
  • my boy troy!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 19:15 »
i thort for a minuet this was about chocolate brownies! its put me of them for life lol :tongue2:

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 23:38 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

xx
we have the dreaded red mite please help

Started by krystal on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 29, 2011, 09:23
by orchardlady
xx
The dreaded red mite

Started by evie2 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 01, 2011, 09:51
by kegs
xx
Are they the dreaded Red Spider Mites??

Started by tonethebone on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 21:13
by Rubellite
xx
Dreaded Red Mite Hell

Started by HAPPYCHICKENHOME on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post July 12, 2011, 12:45
by HAPPYCHICKENHOME

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 28 queries.