RIP little Yoda

• 13 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
RIP little Yoda
« on: October 05, 2013, 14:08 »
Not the best start to the weekend  :(  Found Yoda, my teeny tiny little Serama dead in the coop this morning  :(  She was fine yesterday and eating well, so its something very sudden.  She was only 3, but even for a Serama, Yoda was tiny and may have had health issues I was not aware of.

Yoda had a big personality in that little body.  If she didn't think she was getting her share of anything, she would fly up onto the coop roof and shout at you in no uncertain terms until you hand fed her.  If you took any food into the garden when she was out, she would be on your knee in an instant demanding some.  Here she is in happier times, getting the princess treatment, as usual  ::)  :)

plum crumble

Re: RIP little Yoda
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 14:12 »
aww, bless her.  :( Poor Yoda.
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 14:26 »
RIP Yoda - such a pretty girl  :(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 14:37 »
Thank you both  :) 

Here I am fussing over Alphie and his dicky ticker and he's out in the garden, rampaging round digging up worms and stuffing his face, while poor little Yoda does a perish on me  ::)  At least it was quick and hopefully painless  :)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 17:54 »
Awww sorry to hear this NewShoot. :(

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 18:33 »
Thanks Tosca  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 19:11 »
So sorry to hear about Yoda New Shoot.  Hopefully as you say she went will little if no pain.  I hope Alphie defies the odds as he has done up to now for a long time to come.

I had to dispatch my oldest hen Ruby (Bovan Goldline) the other day, she was sat in the run with her legs splayed out and droopy eyes.   :(
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 19:19 »
Poor Ruby and poor you :(  I glad I was spared having to dispatch Yoda.  That would have been really tough to do  :(

Alphie has 9 lives and 9 lives spare I think.  I shifted his coop and run to fresh ground today and there were loads of worms under the logs when I moved them.  His girls are not fussed about worms (unless they are mealworms, fussy madams  ::)), so he had the lot to himself.  He was stuffed fit to burst and spend the rest of the afternoon on his favourite posing log, sunbathing and preening  :D

barley

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 19:52 »
awww so sorry

she looked like a Dutch bantam like mine - like you say tiny body but big on personality

RIP  little one x

Springlands

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 20:29 »
Sorry to hear abut Yoda. It is always so hard to lose a hen especially one which has a lovely personality.

Mum2mj

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 22:19 »
Sorry to hear that  :(

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 22:38 »
Poor Ruby and poor you :(  I glad I was spared having to dispatch Yoda.  That would have been really tough to do  :(

Alphie has 9 lives and 9 lives spare I think.  I shifted his coop and run to fresh ground today and there were loads of worms under the logs when I moved them.  His girls are not fussed about worms (unless they are mealworms, fussy madams  ::)), so he had the lot to himself.  He was stuffed fit to burst and spend the rest of the afternoon on his favourite posing log, sunbathing and preening  :D

It is tough, but I think it would have been even harder to leave her suffer.

Glad to hear Alphie is enjoying life to the full which of course includes lots of posing.   :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 08:15 »
Thank you for your kind thoughts barley, Springlands and Mum2mj  :)

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 22:12 »
Poor little Yoda. R.I.P.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 30 queries.