The story so far........

• 3 Replies

The Red Baron

• Total newbie to all this green lark but willing!
The story so far........
« on: October 02, 2013, 14:30 »
Right then, had my plot a wee while now....8 weeks or so. Just after some tips/criticism.
Not sure of my pics are up....or in what order. But it should be two of the first day there, one of my rather splendid wife after we had started to clear it and one of the blooming roots I'm working on! Is there an easier way to get these out? At the moment, it's fork a little bit then hands and knees to remove them.....I've worked out, at the rate I'm going at, which no doubt will get cut due to that whole winter thing, it's going to take me until may to weed the whole thing!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
Re: The story so far........
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 16:00 »
id try to cover everything we black plastic and peel back wat u weeding and then cover again stops the light  getting to the roots stopping them growin

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 18:28 »
Your plot looks like mine did last November - I have almost finished clearing it singlehandedly! AIf you don't want to go chemical (I didn't) then doing it the way you describe is the best way. Just clear small areas of 'beds' at a time so you can plant as you go. I planted lots this year but smaller quantities than I will next year as lots of things shared beds etc.

If it makes you feel better, the regrowth rate of weeds on my plot has been far, far smaller who just attacked everything with roundup.

Now is a good time of year to get it as lots of the top growth will start to die back and he can spend the winter concentrating on clearing.

cadalot

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 18:35 »
Nearly a year and only 3/4 of the way around the plot, take a look at my diary and your see how long it's taken doing it the hard way - thing is those that took the rotavator to their plots have been and still are fighting many more weeds than I am, and clearing a bed as I finish with it is now easy and quick .. I'm looking at having my whole plot ready for May next year.

Start a diary ... it helps when you hit the wall and you will trust me .... but looking back at what you have achieved is great motivation to keep on going

xx
Just like to say hi, with a little story.

Started by denbo73 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 16, 2007, 21:45
by denbo73
xx
THE STORY SO FAR!

Started by Robin Redbreast on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 19:41
by Yorkie
xx
and the moral of this story is...

Started by purplebat on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 11, 2007, 18:11
by gregmcalister
xx
Polyisocyanurate insulation - a long story...

Started by Growster... on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 07:06
by Growster...

Page created in 0.832 seconds with 30 queries.