Stupid question alert it would be me

• 16 Replies

Beetroot queen

Stupid question alert it would be me
« on: June 15, 2013, 13:54 »
I am growing lettuce and mixed leaves, so hubby asks me how the mixed leaf stuff knows to grow single leaves and the others grow a whole head of lettuce. Errrrrr pass. I didnt know

Could someone enlighten me, when you all stop laughing.  :blink:

Auntiemogs

Re: Stupid question alert it would be me
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 14:05 »
The mixed leaves are just baby lettuces & other veg BQ.  ;)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 14:06 »
They don't grow any differently - it's just that you are picking them before they get a chance to heart up, as Auntimogs says  :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 14:08 »
But mine produces only 5-6 leaves and then went to seed. I shall just grow proper lettuce in future, silly seeds.

At least i can impress hubby with my new knowledge.  ::) its always me that asks the daft stuff  :blush: other people want to know really they just wont ask

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 14:10 »
But mine produces only 5-6 leaves and then went to seed. I shall just grow proper lettuce in future, silly seeds.

At least i can impress hubby with my new knowledge.  ::) its always me that asks the daft stuff  :blush: other people want to know really they just wont ask

No, they wait for you to do it!   :lol: :lol: ;)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 14:12 »
Thanks grannie annie  :lol:

Honestly little silly things bug me, i lose sleep over these things.  :wub:

I am not all daft just 90%  ::)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 14:14 »
Look, you have to be daft to be here afterall, so don't worry about it!  ;)

Actually little things bug me too, so you are not alone!  :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 14:16 »
Look, you have to be daft to be here afterall, so don't worry about it!  ;)

Actually little things bug me too, so you are not alone!  :)

Hehe i'll be wise and knowledgeable one day, whether thats before or after i die who knows.  ::) but for now i'll just keep weeding  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 14:21 »

That is because of the conditions they are growing in - nothing to do with the plants. Normally if you thin the salad mixes as you eat some plants, and leave others to grow on,  you end up with normal lettuce hearts  :)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 14:40 »

That is because of the conditions they are growing in - nothing to do with the plants. Normally if you thin the salad mixes as you eat some plants, and leave others to grow on,  you end up with normal lettuce hearts  :)

See i knew all that  :blink: i was just testing. Lol thanks all for putting me right.  ;)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 15:13 »
Better to ask a "stupid" question than to not ask and stay stupid!

Always got told that there was no such thing as a stupid question if you didn't know the answer.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 16:50 »
Hee hee BQ!  Please don't feel that you are on your own - I was thinking sort of the same thing!  I bought some little gem lettuce seeds this week - I'm fine with those.  I also bought some 'gourmet looseleaf salad mix' seeds at the same time.  I'll be blowed if I could work out how that works! The instructions said to sow in rows and then thin out.  And I'm thinking 'but I wanted them as 'loose mixed leaves' how the heck does that work?  Why would I thin them out?  I want to eat them as little leaves..... So now we know  :lol:

Stree

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 18:43 »
If you slice a seed open and look with a very strong magnifying glass you will see a really really tiny little note, this has the growing instructions on, thats what determines how they grow. Seeds that cant read just improvise.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 19:27 »
Hee hee BQ!  Please don't feel that you are on your own - I was thinking sort of the same thing!  I bought some little gem lettuce seeds this week - I'm fine with those.  I also bought some 'gourmet looseleaf salad mix' seeds at the same time.  I'll be blowed if I could work out how that works! The instructions said to sow in rows and then thin out.  And I'm thinking 'but I wanted them as 'loose mixed leaves' how the heck does that work?  Why would I thin them out?  I want to eat them as little leaves..... So now we know  :lol:

Please dont feel you have to make me feel better, i do have stupid moments, most of the time usually  :mellow:
What can i say i am what i am, i'll blame my mother and father.  ???

I just wondered that was all. Feel a bit daft now. Maybe i am just not cut out for all this, its been a long day  :(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 20:24 »
You lose all sense of reason when you're pregnant - you'll be back to normal soon (even if that's only a little bit more sensible)  ;)  :D

and in case your bump is making you depressed as well  :ohmy: - I WAS ONLY JOKING about how sensible you are.

xx
Stupid question alert sorry!

Started by fallen angel on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 17, 2008, 22:29
by noshed
xx
stupid question alert - "well-rotted"

Started by Charityuk on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2012, 23:07
by Charityuk
xx
Complete novice! Stupid questions alert!

Started by spy on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 14, 2006, 22:34
by noshed
xx
Really stupid question

Started by charliesmum on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post February 05, 2007, 21:09
by muntjac

Page created in 0.82 seconds with 30 queries.