Sorry I have to ask ( human wee again)

• 17 Replies

Beetroot queen

Sorry I have to ask ( human wee again)
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:47 »
I regulary use it on our compost heap, far better than any commercial stuff and amazing how quick it works. However i was chatting to a fellow plotter the other day and she said yes but it's no good for the plants, does she mean direct or even after it's been used on the compost.

No-one surely stands and weee's on their cabbage.  :blink:

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Sorry I have to ask ( human wee again)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:59 »
Can't say I've actually witnessed anyone peeing on any plant (other than up side passages on the way home from the pub  ::)) and obviously don't know what your fellow plotter was referring to either, but it is broken down by the composting process by which time it is perfectly safe to use.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02 »
I am assuming she has not been converted yet to the miracle lol we have a new plot member who is causing a stir by peeing where he fancies including up the side of people's tunnels, I was desperate to tell him not to waste it and feel free to use my compost bin.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 11:12 »
Liquid Gold is good feed for plants  :)
Dilute one part urine to 10-15 parts water for application on plants in the growth stage.

http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_living/gardening/605742/urine_the_ultimate_organic_fertiliser.html

Beetroot queen

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 11:37 »
Liquid Gold is good feed for plants  :)
Dilute one part urine to 10-15 parts water for application on plants in the growth stage.

http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_living/gardening/605742/urine_the_ultimate_organic_fertiliser.html

Very interesting, I would share but the fact that I could have better compost and plants brings out my competitive side  :blush:

agapanthus

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:02 »
Just a point....would it be harmful if the peer is on a lot of medication????  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 14:32 »
I would happily pee on my compost heap but how do you ladies manage? We don't have toilets on site (a bug bear of mine) and it is so much harder for us than men! Do you store it up somewhere? I can just imagine my fiancés face if I told him I was storing wee...

ConfusedGardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 15:08 »
Just a point....would it be harmful if the peer is on a lot of medication????  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yes. You'd be medicating your plants/compost. I think it's also not good to use urine after consuming alcohol.

Also a bad idea if you have a urinary tract infection, but if that's not the case then urine should be sterile.

hasbean

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 16:01 »
We have a reasonable wc on site but it does seem a waste of natural resources - just hope I don't get caught with my pants down!

allot2learn

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 16:43 »
Ladies, keep a bucket in your shed, then just empty the content onto your compost heap.

Stree

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 17:35 »
Ladies water is not the same as a chaps. It is ineffective on a compost.
A man urinates, a lady merely micturates.
Actually it IS ok, just that male is less acidic than female.

azubah

• www.Godsaves.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 19:28 »
I am assuming she has not been converted yet to the miracle lol we have a new plot member who is causing a stir by peeing where he fancies including up the side of people's tunnels, I was desperate to tell him not to waste it and feel free to use my compost bin.

This seems an unusual thing to do.. How old is this person?

Chrysalis

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 19:36 »

Sorry, I thought you meant "of the realm", rather than he who pees!  :lol: :lol:

(Most are on medication, I would think.. ;))

Will have to invest in a clean bucket, methinks. :tongue2:

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 23:26 »
I've found that a washing-up bowl on top of the bucket is much more comfortable for wee ladies.
Anne

agapanthus

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 00:20 »
I've found that a washing-up bowl on top of the bucket is much more comfortable for wee ladies.

Yes....it's a devil when us larger ladies get stuck on it!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xx
Human urine can help ....

Started by tode on Grow Your Own

40 Replies
Last post October 09, 2009, 21:49
by redmolly

Page created in 0.497 seconds with 29 queries.