Can I get a refund?

• 16 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I get a refund?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 12:01 »
Give them a ring and see what they say  ;)

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
Re: Can I get a refund?
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 17:20 »
I had disasters last year with Swift Sweetcorn and they sent me some new seed packets to replace the other ones.  It was worth doing.

I've had problems with both Swift and Sundance sweetcorn (on one occasion apiece) in the last 7 or 8 years (Mr. Fothergills and Suttons respectively.) This is despite using exactly the same successful indoor sowing technique I've employed for the last 15 years or so, and is the reason I now pre-germinate them.

The packets were both "fresh" inasmuch as they had the previous year's "packed in year-ending" date but of course there is no way of knowing when the seeds were actually harvested.......... :unsure:

Both companies replaced their products without any arguments though.  :)

Ditto Jay, although I actually tried pre-chitting mine unsuccessfully, having already planted two failed packets under glass - my preferred, and usually, successful method).  I had no probs getting them replaced (OK not a refund, but I simply wanted some sweetcorn!)  Last year was NOT my year for sweetcorn (although I did get a good few cobs eventually).
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

xx
Garlic: Should I Ask for a Refund?

Started by david64 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 31, 2012, 10:32
by Sadgit

Page created in 0.795 seconds with 32 queries.