T and M GRR

• 45 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: T and M GRR
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 07:51 »
They seem to have a policy of substituting something equally marvellous, in their view, when they run out of what you ordered.

Quite a few forum members went for a plug plant offer from them last autumn and many were disappointed to receive lots of, for instance in my case lavender that I didn't need, instead of the advertised selection. ::)

Yes I got caught with this one as well  ::)  Got primroses, heuchera and echinacea - the last 2 curled up and died, so just got some primroses now that I didn't really want, but I'll bung in somewhere.  Got a £5 voucher that effectively was my money back, so on balance, OK with the deal, but won't rush to buy a plug plant offer again  ;)

It is annoying when they sub stuff, but a call to their customer services usually sorts it.  Same with dud stuff - sure they would refund or replace your mouldy rhubarb crowns Ema  :)  I don't buy much from them and its been a couple of years since I needed to ring, but they could not have been more helpful.

No company is perfect, but worth giving them a chance to sort it before writing them off  :)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 08:09 »
No company is perfect, but worth giving them a chance to sort it before writing them off  :)

Absolutely! :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

mower man

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 10:55 »
A few months ago I ordered a plum tree from T & M
what I received was not up to standard,  I made my complaint
and they followed this up

I received a phone call saying sorry, and a new plum tree a week later

Not everyone can get it right the first time, everytime.

Good service  IMHO
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

davejg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 11:24 »
Its not a new thing with them, I ordered some garlic & shallots 2 years ago, both were substituted with other varieties. that's 100per cent of my order, I haven't used them since.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 11:34 »
I know it unlike me to stick up for T&M, but

1. They did have Lady C back when they printed their catalogues -- I ordered right back in November: they arrived at the end of January. It has been in very short supply this year due to growing conditions last season, so it is not surprising that by now there are none ftleft

2. As DD pointed out, they do make their substitution policy clear when you order, and although I was not thrilled to get yet more primroses instead of the pugs I had expected from their end of season offer, they were very cheap and are thriving.

Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Sparkyrog

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:17 »
if I had ordered from a paper catalogue I would agree with you ,I agree about the shortage of seed. But I ordered online.
I cook therefore I grow

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 14:48 »
Can you not return them under the distance selling regulations for a refund?

thumperrabbit

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 16:08 »
Sure enough, Casablanca arrived today instead of my ordered Lady C! I am not too fussed but also don't see why they don't just cancel the order and refund. They were £4.99 and they have sent me a voucher for £5.... which just covers postage.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 18:03 »
if I had ordered from a paper catalogue I would agree with you ,I agree about the shortage of seed. But I ordered online.

I expect amending their website to show what is out of stock is beyond them tbh

You could use the free voucher to return the unwanted potatoes I suppose, and get a refund. I am not sure if Lady Christl is availabel anywhere now....

.... but you could perhaps get a variety of your choice from somewhere local  :unsure:

Sparkyrog

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 19:31 »
Possibly Sunshine  ;) but I have all my other spuds! I will just give them a go I suppose . Now Temper tantrum is over  :D

Gandan57

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 22:28 »
sparkyrog, you have three good garden centres just down the road from you, Blackdown, Willowbrook and Monkton Elm.

I`m sure if you pop into these at the start of the year, you would find the seed potatoes you want at a better price than buying online and you should be able to select each tuber.
I`m left handed, what`s your excuse?

Sparkyrog

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 22:39 »
I do use willowbrook a lot and the owner is a personal friend lol . not so keen on blackdown ! But as you know you can't always get your choice of variety at garden centres :)

Gandan57

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 22:50 »
You`ve got it sorted then, a little word in his ear and he should be able to get you whatever varieties you fancy.

;) ;) ;)

I was in Monkton Elm a few years ago at seed potato time and was most impressed with the number of varieties of loose seed on offer.

Ema

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 23:31 »
Just Goan email about their sweat peas have to say its quite temping think I will have to ask them to take me off their mailing list. I didn't need sweat peas before I got the email

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 06:51 »
Sweat peas?

I bet they've got a nice scent!  :lol:
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Page created in 0.658 seconds with 29 queries.