Miracle Mouse trap!

• 12 Replies

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« on: December 03, 2007, 17:18 »
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not a mean person. In fact, the trap I used was humane, and the captive was re-located to a more suitable area in a feild where I know it'll be happy.

I bought this humane trap (the standerd sort with a platform and fall shut door) and low and behold! Next day -after baiting it with some sultanas, there's a little feild mouse inside.

I'm not over run with vermin, but sometimes the odd mouse does try and steal Todd's food when he sleeps in the shed, so I thought it would be nice to see what would happen. I still can't believe that the results were so quick!

Even my sister quickly took a liking to the mouse, and started to feed it while I was away at school -she's 20, and hates small 'creepy' things.

I named our captive Ferrity, and hope that she is only one of the more mice that I shall catch and release into a more suitable home.

For all of those looking for a good mouse trap I'd go for this. Cost me £10 and was worth every penny with those results. Perhaps it was the bait I used...

Anyway, it was brilliant! Totally recommend this, and I'll just get some pictures put on here as well.
Accepting help related to chickens!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/Silver-rage/Toddrelatedbanner.jpg[/img]
~The greatest friend, and the most patient pet I've ever had. I love you Todd.~

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 17:21 »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 17:21 »
Thanks for telling us about that Frankie  :D

It's a very big trap for such a tiny mouse  :lol:

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 17:24 »
I know, it was in fact, the smallest they had, and the man that was trying to sell me the trap was asking me to get a larger one -perhaps because he was just trying to sell to me. But it seemed odd o_0

The trap seems more designed on rats, so is perfect for poultry keepers, but we only really get small mice around here.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 17:25 »
Sorry Frankie, I accidentally deleted your last picture.  Can you post it again dear please.  Aunty's such an old silly  :roll:

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 17:27 »
That's okay ^^
We all make mistakes. As they say 'Pobodies Nerfect'.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 17:29 »
It is rather a cute little mousey  :D

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 17:31 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
It is rather a cute little mousey  :D

Indeed, we had to name her, she was such a sweety.
I've only just returned from freeing her, which was pretty fun.
I don't like killing mice off :'[ It's a bit mean, really.
I much prefer to catch them and release...

calli

• http://greenwelliesbalertwine.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 18:20 »
I had to reply to this as we have the same trap baited with peanut butter and result within an hour!

Mouse relocated to a hedgerow a mile away - I'm not taking any chances!

However I reckon there's another here - I stopped the gap where they got in - so am sitting here with more peanut butter in the trap. I have been told nutella is quite good too :roll:

wildeone

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 18:32 »
Quote from: "calli"
I had to reply to this as we have the same trap baited with peanut butter and result within an hour!

Mouse relocated to a hedgerow a mile away - I'm not taking any chances!

However I reckon there's another here - I stopped the gap where they got in - so am sitting here with more peanut butter in the trap. I have been told nutella is quite good too :roll:

I'd crawl in for nutella

Foxy

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 21:49 »
What a good idea! We have a huge veggie plot at the end of the garden-which at the moment is full of rubbish - started to move things around and was amazed to find all these smallish tunnels - I don't think rats just big mice (I saw one with a short tail) Our cats usually keep numbers down but I think they are "fairweather" cats!
Also I now wonder if our electric fence is so efficent we've removed all their natural pedators?

hermon

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 10:05 »
we bought a trap from a well known hardware store and its rubbish! the door is often closed with nothing inside! i know we have a rat or 2 living in our compost bins behind our hen run and there are tunnels into the run!

all food is taken out at night and the girls ramp is lifted to stop ratty sleeping in with them! (which he/she has been doing!!)

FrankieM

Miracle Mouse trap!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 17:29 »
Quote from: "hermon"
we bought a trap from a well known hardware store and its rubbish! the door is often closed with nothing inside! i know we have a rat or 2 living in our compost bins behind our hen run and there are tunnels into the run!

all food is taken out at night and the girls ramp is lifted to stop ratty sleeping in with them! (which he/she has been doing!!)

Clever little devils o_0
Get a good sized humane sort for 10 pounds -Like mine. It's good for a rat. I really like them because:
a) You can experiment with bait, which means that you know what mice and stuff like.
b) It's humane (best part!)
c) It's RE-USEABLE! (Very important)
d) Good to the enviroment, and considering a lot of people have alotments here too, that's always a great thing.
e) I suppose, it's less threatening towards the target because it's not killing them.

No catch today, but that's probably because we only get one or two feild mice in the shed per year. When the silkie chicks (that I'm buying) come on sunday, the numbers will likely increase when food gets dropped about.

I do desperately try to keep the area clean.

Todd is in a mood with me, because he often makes friends with the feild mousey, and I can hear them chattering to each other at night. He nudged my hand away when I tried to pet him. How rude!

xx
Mouse trap

Started by flimbin on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 22, 2013, 20:47
by joyfull
xx
My little miracle

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 02, 2007, 22:54
by GrannieAnnie
xx
a small miracle

Started by ssatt44 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 05, 2007, 12:16
by muntjac
xx
poultry spice miracle cure???

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 11, 2010, 12:39
by Jeanette

Page created in 0.991 seconds with 37 queries.