Fantastic seed prices in Lidl now

• 24 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Fantastic seed prices in Lidl now
« on: February 06, 2013, 20:25 »
Just been to Lidl tonight and my local one has seeds for sale, most at 29p or 59p for the expensive ones!

Just had to stock up whilst I was there  8)

I've looked on their website to put up a link but I can't find any info on them so they mustn't be classed as a special offer!

Su

snowdrops

Re: Fantastic seed prices in Lidl now
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 20:27 »
Yes i went on Sunday & when I unpacked my trolley at the checkout found 3 packets of seeds in there,Not sure how that happened :blush:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

solway cropper

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 21:30 »
They've been doing seeds for a few years now. Nowt wrong with them and great if you want a good basic selection. I'd recommend the round courgette 'Di Nizza' as they did very well for me last year...much better than the long ones.

Cake Lady

• Experienced Member
    • The Allotment Good Life
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:52 »
I tried their dwarf french beans last year and they were great!  Me thinks I'll be heading that way before long... ::)

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 20:33 »
They've been doing seeds for a few years now. Nowt wrong with them and great if you want a good basic selection. I'd recommend the round courgette 'Di Nizza' as they did very well for me last year...much better than the long ones.

Another vote for this one.  They also do a mixed green/yellow round courgette seed pack that I have always rated (sorry I can't remember the variety off the top of my head but will update the thread when I get a chance).  They are really versatile.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

BicesterKev

• My Allotment Website
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:05 »
Thanks for posting that up Suzi. I went up my local one last night and raided the 29p selections. Got 2 packs of watermelon, 1 x standard melon, 1 x gherkin, 1 x round green courgette & 1 pack of mixed small gourds......purely because I liked the picture on the front! :lol:

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 10:24 »
Hey Kev, nice to see a fellow gardener from nearby. Im in bicester too  :D I shall be raiding the lidl seeds today. Its also worth noting Aldi down the road have fruit trees in stock for £3.99 and a nice selection too.

HHH

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:37 »

Another vote for this one.  They also do a mixed green/yellow round courgette seed pack that I have always rated (sorry I can't remember the variety off the top of my head but will update the thread when I get a chance).  They are really versatile.

And a further vote for the Di Nizza, which I've grown for several years now. I'd also recommend their French climbing beans, Hurst Green Shaft peas, and the cucumbers "Pepino". Excellent value - and don't forget later in the season when the cold wind , rains and slugs have taken your salds, their Living Luettuce packs at 80p or £1 will provide about 80 "cheats" of different leaves. ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 16:25 »
Since I was almost passing Lidl on my way to Screwfix I just had to have a peek, didn't I?  ::)

3 packs of "fine" veg seeds (they have a strange way of pricing them!), one of Cosmos, and one of "Runner beans" which are actually climbing French beans (they have a strange way of labelling them too!)
The "fine" seeds came through as a multi-buy at the till so were 25p instead of 29p, the beans were 49p.  :)

The sowing instructions are quite unusual too - the Swiss Chard packet says that "often, it is used as a fresh food for pets, e.g. ducks" (you don't get info like that on T&M packets at 6-8 times the price!  ::)  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

grendel

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 18:38 »
its a shame our lidl is shut for refurbishment until next week, but I might just pop in when it reopens in 6 days time
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 18:41 »
Yes i went on Sunday & when I unpacked my trolley at the checkout found 3 packets of seeds in there,

No seeds in the one I visited on Sunday.
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

allot2learn

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 19:16 »
I wish you'd all stop it with seeds. I'm running out of allotment.  :lol:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 19:20 »
I wish you'd all stop it with seeds. I'm running out of allotment.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is a phenomenon I recognise   ???
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 20:54 »
Yes i went on Sunday & when I unpacked my trolley at the checkout found 3 packets of seeds in there,

No seeds in the one I visited on Sunday.

Must try harder Arugula, can you get them mail order

cadalot

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 06:53 »
I nipped into Lidl on the way back to the car from a survey yesterday and picked up 3 Mini greenhouse packs (their description) containing seeds and gowning tray and bought Peppers, Strawberry for me and marigolds for the slugs!

The also had Geranuim, Tagetes, Aster, Snapdragon Petunia, Mesembryanthum, Sweet Alyssum and Dianthus for the flower lovers and Parsley, Basil, Squash, Kohirabi  and Cucumber for us veggie lovers

All 99p

xx
lidl seed potatoes and onions

Started by grendel on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post March 09, 2013, 22:31
by grendel
xx
lidl 99p seed compost 20ltrs

Started by johnny5 on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post February 17, 2012, 16:13
by johnny5
xx
Lidl again.

Started by Lawrence on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post October 06, 2012, 19:09
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Lidl

Started by celtbhoy on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post April 26, 2007, 09:54
by thegazbo

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 28 queries.