Whats your routine?

• 17 Replies

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
Re: Whats your routine?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 20:36 »
I've just tried my chicks with pumpkin on a string to try and make up for the lack of free ranging with all the snow  and they can't get enough! Only problem is the orange poop!  :D

Also they like a couple of teaspoons of yoghurt with hot water mixed in with pellets to a mash as breakfast for a bit of a change. (They are scared of porridge! Really!)

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02 »
I threw an orange and banana into the run yesterday and they didnt seem interested for about an hour then I removed the skins and they were both gone in under 5 mins  ::) Thats interesting that yours are scared of porridge. My younger chicks are scared of anything that isnt chick crumb or water  :D Ive had to have 6 chicks in the house with this cold weather but today im moving them to an outbuilding today now the weather is better.

helens-hens

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 12:54 »
I threw an orange and banana into the run yesterday and they didnt seem interested for about an hour then I removed the skins and they were both gone in under 5 mins  ::) Thats interesting that yours are scared of porridge. My younger chicks are scared of anything that isnt chick crumb or water  :D Ive had to have 6 chicks in the house with this cold weather but today im moving them to an outbuilding today now the weather is better.

I have read a couple of times that chickens shouldn't have citrus fruit. Mine do like a bit of banana as well, like yours.

They are quite cautious of eating anything unpeeled that they haven't come across before I have noticed this with things like apples & swedes.
Helen

xx
Cleaning routine

Started by beth123 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 17:03
by orchardlady
xx
routine to follow for chicken care

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 21, 2009, 11:01
by Flowerpower136
xx
Whats the best way

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 13:54
by nzdunn
xx
whats best

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 20:33
by oborne27

Page created in 0.441 seconds with 28 queries.