What now?? Temperature now??

• 26 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Re: What now?? humidity?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 20:07 »
OK! not panicking but want to get the humidity down as Foxy suggested but if i run it dry the humidity drops to 20% if i leave it as it is (1cm in tank) it runs at 55-58% ? any suggestions as other ways to lower it just enough?
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Jen

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 20:58 »
Hi, Dont know if this will help but this is what I do. Take all the water out. I then wet cotton wool pads and put them in one at a time till I get the humidity to just how I want.   They are the pads you use for removing makeup!!
I also use them in my hatcher to get the humidity up quickly, I put about 6 in. I tried putting an extra bowl of water in once and had a chick get in it and it drowned so have used the cotton wool ever since.
I have chicks hatching today, very slow and nerve wrecking, 4 so far - the first one at 8 this morning, the 4th one about 10 mins ago. Another 6 to come hopefully :)

BJ
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 21:09 »
thanks will try that, will have to wait till tomorrow morning to get some cotton wool! Oh how exciting your little ones are hatching!  :happy: hope all goes well! I hope I will be rosey over hatching babies on 24th!  :unsure:

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 21:17 »
yup, but i tend to do mine about day 3 as you can start and see some veins forming...and its exciting...lol...

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 20:25 »
yup, but i tend to do mine about day 3 as you can start and see some veins forming...and its exciting...lol...
can you actually see things as early as day 3?  ??? oh! how exciting!  :D day 3 is tomorrow (didnt count the day I set them is this right?) when candling is it best to shine the light through the pointy end, blunt end or side for best view? i have made a candler from a bright torch and put a cone on the end so the egg fits snug!

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 13:10 »
TBH i move mine about until i get the best view... you get a different picture from each of the ends...  :D :D dont be disheartended if you dont see anything yet tho... sometimes you can, sometimes you cant... but its so cool to see the gradual changes!!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 19:19 »
I now have humidity under control! (thanks to you guys have a sponge in there now with small amount of water!) but now the temperature is fluctuating??? when the egg tray is over the sponge the humidity is 32% and temp perfect at 37.5 but when sponge is exposed humidity is 38% (still great) but temp drops to 37.2 -3 ??  ??? I dont understand??? the hygrometer doesnt move when the eggs are turned so dont know why im getting these fluctuations?????? was  just starting to feel a little more relaxed as well!  :(

nnbreeder

• Experienced Member
Re: What now?? Temperature now??
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 01:27 »
That is one drawback to the digital thermometers You get used to seeiing all those numbers.

That is only 1/5th of a degree fluctuation. Not enough of a varience to worry about.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 08:06 »
That is one drawback to the digital thermometers You get used to seeiing all those numbers.

That is only 1/5th of a degree fluctuation. Not enough of a varience to worry about.
thanks nnbreeder!  :blush: i am a worrier im afraid, everyone will be fed up with me by the time it gets to hatch day  :lol: ???

Foxy

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20 »

thanks nnbreeder!  :blush: i am a worrier im afraid, everyone will be fed up with me by the time it gets to hatch day  :lol: ???

fed up with you??? No, just panic now if you dont post!!!! :D :D

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26 »
 :lol:  :lol: :blush: off to work now! just in case anyone is worried!  :lol:

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 09:07 »
I'm the same nnbreeder, worried about every little variation and now they are under a broody and there is nothing I can do about it as I have no idea what the temp and humidity is. Hasn't stopped me worrying but I just don't know what to worry about anymore! Except her not sitting of course!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
brooder temperature???

Started by mias chooks on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2009, 22:54
by mias chooks
xx
Incubator temperature ?

Started by Bigblacktaximan on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 09, 2009, 22:34
by Bigblacktaximan
xx
Temperature for Brooder?

Started by RobH on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post April 28, 2010, 20:27
by Nails
xx
Egg Incubator Temperature Problem

Started by Snaphappii on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post May 18, 2008, 22:19
by Snaphappii

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 28 queries.