What now?? Temperature now??

• 26 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
What now?? Temperature now??
« on: May 03, 2009, 19:43 »
Sorry guys, The incubator has been running with the eggs in for 2 hours now but the temp is only 37.4 and the humidity is 60% (it was only 45% till i put the eggs in) do i do anything or just wait  ???
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 19:20 by chickenlady »
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too many girls

Re: What now??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 19:48 »
i'd leave it alone for the moment but just keep an eye on it.

Vember

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 19:58 »
I know you've mentioned it somewhere CL and I have looked but can't find  :blush:
What make is the incy?

Where have you got it situated? The room it's in will also play a huge part? Does the temp and air flow through the room stay more or less the same day & night ? The sun shining through a window can also effect running. The room where I keep mine drops 3/4 degrees at night, when I had humidity problems earlier in the year it was down to the fact I had a huge temp change in the room it was in between day & night :)

Have you run it for 24hrs to check that bit out?

I agree with TMG's keep a close eye for now :D

Sarah :)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 20:04 »
thanks for replies! its a cuvatto 24 and I have put it in the lounge because that room temp never really changes! it always stays quite cool! had it on for 24 hrs running at 38 so know it can hold a temp and it stayed at 45% for all that time too! I changed it to 37.5 early this morning and that stayed constant all day and I put eggs in at 5.30.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 20:13 »
I did top up the water tray which was less than half full! would that of effected the humidity that much?? we have a house that does have a high humidity itself!? should I take some water out?

Vember

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 21:01 »

I did top up the water tray which was less than half full! would that of effected the humidity that much?? we have a house that does have a high humidity itself!? should I take some water out?

It'll be that then I would imagine CL.  How easy would it be removing some of the water ?

If the humidity is still high tomorrow morning then I think that would be the way to go :)

Sarah :)

Foxy

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 21:06 »
Take the water out if you can -you can probably run dry if you have high humidity until the last 3 days. In my back room humidity is 45% at the mo.

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 21:10 »
 I have a little weather station thingy and it says that the humidity in the room at mo is 53% I have returned it to the level it was before i put the eggs in by supping it up with a sponge really carefully! I'm such a novice at this! i will be surprised if anything hatches  :(

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 22:02 »
Ok! after removing some water temp and humidity didnt really change so I moved the hygr thermometer thingy! away from the corner and we currently have 37.8 and 48% ?

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 22:44 »
I know I talking to myself, but we now have 37.6 and 46%  :happy:

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 07:36 »
nowt wrong with talking to yourself...sometimes thats the only way you get any sense!!  :D  glad you getting the humidity under control... it can be tricky cant it.. i seem to have a never ending battle with mine!  but I still have chickies hatching so dont panic too much... still early days to be stressing... what you be like when they hatching!! save the anxiety for then! :wacko: :wacko:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:38 by chooknewbie »

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:11 »
nowt wrong with talking to yourself...sometimes thats the only way you get any sense!!  :D  glad you getting the humidity under control... it can be tricky cant it.. i seem to have a never ending battle with mine!  but I still have chickies hatching so dont panic too much... still early days to be stressing... what you be like when they hatching!! save the anxiety for then! :wacko: :wacko:
Have woken in a calmer mood looks at humidity and it was 20%  :blink: temp was good the resevouir was empty anyway have moved the hygrometer because it was to one side and every time the egg turner tray was moved all the readings changed!?? its now in the middle and reading 51% and 37.5  :D just need it to stay like that  :unsure: and yes I am gonna be hysterical by the time they hatch!  :lol:

Vember

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54 »
We'll be with you all the way CL :D

By week 2, day 17 you start to relax a bit honest you do :) Then day 18, you start getting worried again as hatch isn't far off :lol: :D

Sarah :D

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 11:02 »
LOL @ Sarah... thats so so true!! I am getting all anxious now as my patrick babies are due this week... down to four good eggies.....

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 15:59 »
Wow more patrick babies on the way???? that duck sure gets about  :lol: feel calm today! temp 37.4 - 37.5 humidity is running at 57% but have read somewhere that up to 60% is good during the setting stage! and then raising for last 3 days!
I am so excited and scared, fingers crossed there is good news at 1st candling! is 5-6 days for 1st one???

xx
Incubator temperature ?

Started by Bigblacktaximan on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 09, 2009, 22:34
by Bigblacktaximan
xx
Temperature for Brooder?

Started by RobH on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post April 28, 2010, 20:27
by Nails
xx
brooder temperature???

Started by mias chooks on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2009, 22:54
by mias chooks
xx
temperature of chicken house

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2009, 14:06
by animal mad

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 28 queries.